cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointless re-verify

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
61 of 90

Hi Jurij,

Please consider following up on the request to verify your identity and kindly communicate with our team through the original ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Suffian S Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
62 of 90

Why my finanial transaction have been limited. i don't know what happened to my acount. everything is ok but? Can you tell me solution for this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

63 of 90

Hi Suffian,

I checked this for you and our team has reached out to you just recently regarding your account hold. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Islam M Member Since: Jan 12, 2019
64 of 90

My account still suspended event after a successfull verification video call!

65 of 90

Hi Islam,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Vadim O Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
66 of 90

Hello, Hope all of you are doing well.

I met some strange issues when using upwork.

A few days ago, upwork asked me to do video verification again.

My Account is not new one.It is top-rated.

Anyway, I did video verification successfully but I cant still submit proposals.

What is the problem?

If anyone can help me, I will appreciate it.

Thank you.

67 of 90

Hi Vadim,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Lindsay W Member Since: Oct 22, 2019
68 of 90

This is the 2nd time that I've been asked to verify my identity by showing my passport. The first time took months for it to be verified. Then, once I got my first job I'm asked again to verify my identity with an ID. At this point it feels like negligence or profiling and the type of issue that I'd report. I used the website when it was Elance in 2013. At the time freelancers weren't asked for their IDs. I've also asked other Upworkers who are freelancers if they've had the same problems. They've answered 'no'. So, now I wonder if this is a technical issue, profiling issue, or negligence with your system when handling personal information? Anyone else experience this issue?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
69 of 90

Lots of freelancers are asked to confirm their identities multiple times.

I have been asked to do video verification and I have been asked to provide government ID. Many freelancers receive requests to do these things more than one time.

There is no technical issue, profiling or negligence.

Don't worry about it.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
70 of 90

Hi Lindsay, 

I'm sorry to learn that you feel that you are being discrimintated against by requesting you to go through identiy verification several times. To ensure that the marketplace is safe for all users, we ask users to go through different kinds of verification. Here's a help article for more information on the types of verification that users are asked to complete. 

Also, on Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement it says that - 

"When you register for an Account and from time to time thereafter, your Account will be subject to verification, including, but not limited to, validation against third-party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm your identity, your location, and your ability to act on behalf of your business on Upwork... When requested, you must timely provide us with complete information about yourself and your business, which includes, but is not limited to, providing official government or legal documents."

I have checked your account, and I can confirm that you are being requested to complete verification for your Identity Verified Badge. Once you complete this verification, a blue checkmark will be displayed on your profile, to confirm that you are identity verified. This establishes trust among clients who vet freelancers when looking to hire on Upwork. 

Let me know if you have other questions regarding the verification request on your account, and I'll be happy to assist you. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS