🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » possible scamers, asking for downloading thei...
Page options
ada717
Community Member

possible scamers, asking for downloading their bicoin app

I was looking for freelance jobs here, submitted the proposals, but a lot of jobs seem to be a scam. There are different types of job offers (mostly something related to mobile applications) where they respond to my proposal and ask about downloading a bitcoin app, from their website/link, so they can monitor what I do there, but when you download an app from an unknown source it is suspicious, especially that when I click on the link, description of the app says that it is necessary to link your bank account.

Please remove those users and their job postings, as it is dangerous and also a waste of time for someone who really is looking for a real job.

1 REPLY 1
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Those aren't "possible scammers", they are definite scammers. Flag them when you see them and UW will take them down (and you will eventually get your connects back if you sent a proposal). But don't get swept up in the obsession about them. There is no practical way to prevent job posts from scammers because as quickly as they are kicked off the platform, they set up new accounts. Meanwhile, it is just about impossible to get scammed if you comply with the ToS. 

Yes, reviewing the ToS and learning the rules is tedious but FLs who are serious about operating professional businesses take the time to do it and to understand how the platform works. 

This is an invaluable resource and it's also worthwhile to spend time in the Help and Support sections of the site, learning how things work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members