vaughnd

possible tech problems

Hi!

I seem to have the same problems (since May 26 ?).  normally, I know how to get into my profile and change the wording to what I desire.  I now I am only able to view part of it.  when I am viewing the profile, i am unable to scroll down and read the rest of it.  in fact the only "tab" on the top that is operational is the message one.  when I am viewing part of, the only way that I am able to get back to main upwork page is to use the back arrow.

I am also unable to submit a proposal for a job any more.  the next page is shows is the upwork on the items on the top [I don't know what they are called], but the area where the proposal should be is blank. 

the same goes when I click on settings under my name.  I click ojnto the billing to look around [like normal].  all I get is the list on the left hand side.  I click billing and it says that I need to set up an account [or that I don't have one].  Anyway, its something to that effect.  I've had one since 2014.  

(note- this last sectin has been a problem longer than 5-26-17, but everything else worked right!) 

i can scroll down as many pages-jobe hunting,  as I want to on the main upwork page but if I go to another area to set things up for a special search mode-  example:  I want to work for certain countries and I want jobs  where the payment for that job is verirified (amoung other things to fill out).  after it fill it out, I then save it, and I click onto search.  I can scroll all the way down that first page of that section, but it won't let me scroll down the next page.  in this section. I try to go down to the bottom of the second portion of that page but it "shimmies" up and down and pulls me back up to top of the page. 

All this is beyond me.  Once I get off of the main upwork page some things just don't work right

diane

10 REPLIES 10
yitwail

Diane, I can make 2 suggestions. If you're using Internet Explorer, try another browser; if not, clear cache, delete cookies, and restart the browser. If all that fails, contact support. Good luck.

john

my quick question is what others browseres support upwork?

diane 

aocumen

Hi Diane, 

After trying John's advice, could you please share a screen grab of the issue (i.e. the missing tabs, etc.) via a private message? I couldn't replicate the issues you have mentioned here, and I wanted to double check.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am on a different browser now-- google chrome- and I did clean out the cookies and search history.  Actually everything but the billing part is working now.  I get on there and it tells me that I have not set up any billing methods.   it offeres me the option to add other billing method-- like pay pay, or credit/debit card.  i  have not used either one in reciveing any money and I don't plan to.    originally I had set it up, that if there is anything  (payment)

for me that I can transfere it from the escrow into my checking account.

it puzzles me that I cannot get into look at that area again.  i used to be able o look at it anytime i wanted to.

Also, I don't know how to take a pickture of a page and send it to you.  somethings I am not to computer

literate on.

diane

Hi Diane,

Your payment method is still set to your bank account, you can find this by going to your settings and clicking the > get paid link.

Untitled

thanks so much for letting me know that my payment method is still intact and not lost.  that is a releaf.

I truley appreciate that!

diane

kat303

Diane,

IE is not supported on this site. Some parts may work other parts won't. And as more upgrades are performed here, less and less of IE will work. Upwork works with Chrome.

@Kathy T wrote:

Diane,

IE is not supported on this site. Some parts may work other parts won't. And as more upgrades are performed here, less and less of IE will work. Upwork works with Chrome.

... and with Firefox. IE is a disaster, and it doesn't work with most things.

thank you for your preply on what browseres to use with upwork.  i truley apprealte it!

diane

thank you for the information on what browser to us.  i really appracte it!

diane