🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » printing
Page options
seituart
Community Member

printing

Is a screen grab the only way to print out your messages? I got a list of corrections from a client that I'd like to print to and I don't see any other way to do it.

8 REPLIES 8
mtngigi
Community Member

Just copy/paste into a word processing program and print from there.

asvcomm
Community Member

Printing messages direct from Upwork should be a given! There's so many great things about the Upwork platform, but this is a big gap. Staying on top of conversations with clients should be easy and supported.

Cutting and pasting to Word, sure! Print direct from Upwork -- shouldn't be that hard to set up should it?

Thanks for a great and ever-improving platform.

petra_r
Community Member

I don't think printing anything that is not essential should be easy.

Think trees and environment.

Petra, I might be more inclined to agree with you if Upwork messages were formatted in a more readable way that allowed a person to work digitally from message content. 

That person would never be me--I do everything on paper and the quality of my writing suffers terribly if I'm confined to working from digital source materials--but for those who have learned to live in the modern world, I'm sure it would make a difference.

Tiffany did not get enough Dr. Suess when she was younger...Smiley Happy

The_Lorax.jpg

Poor trees!

shefen
Community Member

Right clicking in the messages area of the page lets you print visible messages. It's not perfect but at least it's not a screen grab of the entire window.

Also the Personal Notepad prints nicely. The three dots in the upper right (next to the phone icon) opens a menu which then gets you to the Notepad. Right-click on the top of the notepad area - where it says "Personal Notepad" to get to the browser's "Print ..." command.

asvcomm
Community Member

Appreciate the tips Sheila.  On my end, right click in the messages, does grab info outside the messages and with my long-winded messages, it will still be multiple screen grabs to get everything.

My kingdom for a text only print option. 

Thanks very much for the idea though. Will check out the notepad too.

8f6b973b
Community Member

If you want to print out text messages or chat messages from your device, taking a screenshot (screen grab) is one option, but it may not be the most efficient way, especially if you have a long conversation. Here are some alternative methods you can consider:

1. Copy and Paste: If you have access to the text within your messaging app, you can try copying the text and pasting it into a document or note-taking app on your device. From there, you can format and print it as needed.

2. Email or Forward Messages: Many messaging apps allow you to email or forward individual messages or entire conversations. You can send the messages to your email address and then print them from your email client.

3. Take Screenshots of Specific Messages: Instead of taking a screenshot of the entire conversation, you can take screenshots of specific messages or sections within the chat. This way, you can capture only the information you need without unnecessary content.

4. Export Chat History: Some messaging apps offer the option to export chat history as a file, such as a text file or CSV. Check if your messaging app has this feature and export the conversation, then print it from the exported file.

5. Third-Party Apps: There are third-party apps and software available that can help you export and print text messages from your device. These apps may offer more customization and formatting options.

6. Use a Cloud Service: You can also consider using cloud-based messaging services like WhatsApp, which allow you to export chat history to a cloud storage service like Google Drive. From there, you can access and print the conversation.

The method you choose may depend on the specific messaging app you're using, the platform (iOS or Android), and your preferences. Keep in mind that taking screenshots may not be the most efficient way to print messages, especially for longer conversations, as it may result in multiple screenshots and reduced readability. Exploring other options like copying and pasting or exporting chat history can provide a cleaner and more organized printout of your messages.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths