cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing

Seitu H Member Since: Jun 3, 2016
1 of 8

Is a screen grab the only way to print out your messages? I got a list of corrections from a client that I'd like to print to and I don't see any other way to do it.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 8

Just copy/paste into a word processing program and print from there.

Ann V Member Since: Nov 5, 2015
3 of 8

Printing messages direct from Upwork should be a given! There's so many great things about the Upwork platform, but this is a big gap. Staying on top of conversations with clients should be easy and supported.

Cutting and pasting to Word, sure! Print direct from Upwork -- shouldn't be that hard to set up should it?

Thanks for a great and ever-improving platform.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

I don't think printing anything that is not essential should be easy.

Think trees and environment.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 8

Petra, I might be more inclined to agree with you if Upwork messages were formatted in a more readable way that allowed a person to work digitally from message content. 

That person would never be me--I do everything on paper and the quality of my writing suffers terribly if I'm confined to working from digital source materials--but for those who have learned to live in the modern world, I'm sure it would make a difference.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
6 of 8

Tiffany did not get enough Dr. Suess when she was younger...Smiley Happy

The_Lorax.jpg

Poor trees!

Ace Contributor
Sheila F Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
7 of 8

Right clicking in the messages area of the page lets you print visible messages. It's not perfect but at least it's not a screen grab of the entire window.

Also the Personal Notepad prints nicely. The three dots in the upper right (next to the phone icon) opens a menu which then gets you to the Notepad. Right-click on the top of the notepad area - where it says "Personal Notepad" to get to the browser's "Print ..." command.

Ann V Member Since: Nov 5, 2015
8 of 8

Appreciate the tips Sheila.  On my end, right click in the messages, does grab info outside the messages and with my long-winded messages, it will still be multiple screen grabs to get everything.

My kingdom for a text only print option. 

Thanks very much for the idea though. Will check out the notepad too.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS