Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private feedback cancelled job?

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 6

can a private feedback from a cancelled job removed as a project didnt get well and i am sure that the client must have given me bad rating.. i was not at fault as the client wanted extra work which was not explianed earlier.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 6

@ Rahul --

(1) Are you sure that English is your native language? It is a bit difficult for me to tease out the intended meaning from your post, above.

@Rahul V wrote:

can a private feedback from a cancelled job removed as a project didnt get well and i am sure that the client must have given me bad rating.. i was not at fault as the client wanted extra work which was not explianed earlier.

However, if I understand correctly, you are asking whether or not private feedback from a cancelled job will affect your JSS. You also add that you are not at fault for the poor outcome of the job.

(2) In answer to your question as I believe you have posed it:  Yes, private feedback from any job (any completed job not removed by UpWork or removed by use of the Top-Rated removal perk) IS included in the calculation of your JSS. Even if public feedback is removed (is this what you mean by "cancelled job"?), the private feedback will be figured into your JSS.

(3) As to your comment re: fault/assignment of blame:  Unfortunately, UpWork steadfastly refuses to "take sides" on the issue of whose fault it is when a contract goes south. It will do you no good at all to plead your case. This may or may not seem to you to be fair and just, but those are the rules of play within UpWork's sandbox.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Rahul V wrote:

You can use your perk even when no money changed hands, but wait if it has an impact first, it probably won't with the high number of projects you have done.

rolludesig
Community Guru
4 of 6

yeah no money changed hands..all refunded !! so i can go for that private feedback removal?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Rahul V wrote:

yeah no money changed hands..all refunded !! so i can go for that private feedback removal?

Yes, but **DO** wait and see if the contract has any impact before you waste your perk.

You don't want to use the perk and then REALLY need it....

Remember you can't use it again for 3 months minimum....

rolludesig
Community Guru
6 of 6

okay bossSmiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS