🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: problem with the billing method
Page options
samantha88
Community Member

problem with the billing method

So, my agency plan is stuck. I can't go past the billing method. I card won't allow online transaction, and we don't have paypal here in pakistan? Why ain't there an option for the payonner card?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Arooj,

Upwork accepts the following billing methods for paying memberships:  

• Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
  • Credit, debit, and Payoneer cards are all acceptable, as long as they have a sufficient available balance.

Here's the help article for more information.  To add your Payoneer card as billing method, please log in to your Upwork account and go to adding a billing method. Please click on the option for debit/credit and enter the card number. Someone from our team will also reach out to assist you further. You can access your ticket here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

@Arooj A wrote:

Why ain't there an option for the payonner card?

Because it is not a proper credit card, and for security reasons only proper credit cards, or the few debit cards which function on the same level as a proper credit card can be used.

Edited as Joanne explained that for Membership billing (not as a client billing method) Payoneer *is* accepted.

JoanneP

Hi Arooj,

Upwork accepts the following billing methods for paying memberships:  

• Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
  • Credit, debit, and Payoneer cards are all acceptable, as long as they have a sufficient available balance.

Here's the help article for more information.  To add your Payoneer card as billing method, please log in to your Upwork account and go to adding a billing method. Please click on the option for debit/credit and enter the card number. Someone from our team will also reach out to assist you further. You can access your ticket here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have a debit card and paypal but when i will coming on upwork for adding billing method with upwork its show error why?

Hi Gourav,

Please first complete your tax information in your settings and then try adding your get paid method and don't hesitate to reach back out if you are still having issues with this.

~Nina

I can't go in the billing method. I card won't allow the online transaction,? I have Bank Debit Card but its cant be add please help me i want to purchase agency plan?

Hi Gourav,

You'll have to use a credit card or paypal, as Upwork doesn't allow for prepaid cards or virtual cards. Some bank cards work if they function also as credit cards but in general, debit cards are unfortunately not accepted.

~Nina

So how we fixed this issue?

paypal also not working?

Gourav,

Please, note that PayPal account needs to be verified in order to be added as a billing method. You may need to check with PayPal directly about the verification process in your location specifically as it may vary.

~ Valeria
Upwork
wdramesh
Community Member

Billing methods Charge failed WHY?

Hi Ramesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with your billing method, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f6c58931
Community Member

The **Edited for Community Guidelines** system encountered errors, resulting in inaccurate charges and delayed payments, causing frustration among users.

Hi Jrue,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Community. Could you please share with us your experience with Upwork billing? Let us know if you have concerns or need further assistance; we'll gladly assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members