cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with receiving of payments for two milestones.

mastak128
Mikhail Y Member Since: Oct 14, 2017
1 of 9

Hi there!

I've a projects with two milestones.

The customer says that he performed a payment for two milestones. But I see the payment for the first part only. He has also shown me a screenshots with transfers. Could you help me to find our money?

Best,

aaron_luigi
Community Guru
Aaron Luigi L Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Michael,

I'd love to help you, please send me a PM for further assistance. Thank you.

- Aaron
Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 9

@Michael Y wrote:

Hi there!

Could you help me to find our money?

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg

mastak128
4 of 9

Hi there!

Aaron, I've sent you a PM. Thanks a mill!

Petra, thanks for your tutorial, but it's not applicable in my case.

I've been using upwork for a long time, I've completed number of projects, but I didn't have such problem in the past.

Let me give you more information about this project:

It's fixed price project. This project was assigned to my agency (I'm the owner). Freelancer which was assigned to this project - me. 

The project was divided on 2 subproblems (milestones).

I've implemented both of them, sent sources to my customer and requested funding for 1st milestone. Customer has performed payment for 1st milestone, but I didn't receive money.
Client said that he has performed payment and attached screenshot: with transaction info:
reference ID: 154727973
Description: Paid from  XXXX to escrow for funding request 154727972

We have waited for 5-8 hours, but money didn't arrive. 
Customer suggested to close the project and perform the payment for 2nd milestone. He has closed a project and I've seen a money for one milestone immidiately. But the second milestone was not payed.

So, in conclusion: customer has performed two payments, I've received only one payment. In this case where is reminder?

Me and your customer are ready to give all information about our actions. Let's fix this issue, please.

petra_r
Community Guru
5 of 9

@Michael Y wrote:

I've implemented both of them, sent sources to my customer and requested funding for 1st milestone. Customer has performed payment for 1st milestone, but I didn't receive money.
Client said that he has performed payment and attached screenshot: with transaction info:
reference ID: 154727973

That means the funds were sent to Escrow, but not released.....  If it has been released it will be under Pending in your Agency account if hired through the agency or in your own account if hired directly.

Have you checked in both your agency and your own Reports Overview? They are separate, you have to toggle between your agency and your own account, my guess is you're looking in one and the funds are in the other...

mastak128
6 of 9

Thanks for fast reply!

Answering on your questions:

1. I have been hired as my agency freelancer (as I mentioned it's my agency)

2. My freelancer account - no payments we received

3. My agency account - 1 payment was received

I've double checked it.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 9

That means the funds were sent to Escrow, but not released..... 

mastak128
8 of 9

Am I right, that customer should release money somehow?

I suppose he will have a problems with this. Is it possible to consult him/write instructions how to do that? 

And yep: the project is closed by customer.... 

I'm sure he did it by occasion (believing that all money will come to my side after project closing). What's optimal workflow for us now to fix this issue?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 9

Hi Michael, 

I checked your account and can see that the first milestone is funded, and is under your pending transactions. The 2nd milestone however was not funded. In this case, your client may opt to send you a bonus for the remaining amount due to you. 

I would just like to share that bonuses do not qualify for Upwork Payment Protection, and you may read more about it on the link provided. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS