🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » profile completion
Page options
alif_theboss
Community Member

profile completion

hello,

actually i need to complete my profile like 100% for that upwork showing i need to add work history so  i had done one project but it is showing pending on work history section . so when it will be approved ? how many time need take ? 

10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Al,

I checked and it looks like the earnings for the contract are currently pending. Contracts take about 24 hours to appear on your profile after your client pays at least $1.00. Contracts not meeting this minimum are hidden from your profile and excluded from your work and feedback history.

I can see that this is for a Fixed-Price contract. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

So i need to wait 4-5 days for money status pending to cleared? And then
work history will automatically added on my profile?

Al A wrote:
So i need to wait 4-5 days for money status pending to cleared? And then
work history will automatically added on my profile?

No, your profile completeness has absolutely nothing to do with the way your payments are processed.

"Work history" in this context means you should add your employment history. It has nothing whatsoever to do with contracts you completed on Upwork.

employment history.png

Here are some other ways you can get to 100% profile completeness.

Portfolio Item

5% each (max 20%)

Employment History Item10% each (max 20%)

Education

10% each (max 20%)

Profile Video10% 
Linked Account10% (max 10%)
Certification5% each (max 10%)
Other Experience5% (max 5%)

Source

I know but in my account showing 45% will be increase when added the work
history... So i saw the recent completed project is showing on work
history section but the status is in progress.. So i want to know when it
will be cleared from in prograss?

Al A wrote:
I know but in my account showing 45% will be increase when added the work
history... So i saw the recent completed project is showing on work
history section but the status is in progress.. 

That contract will NOT increase your profile completeness. AT ALL. Not by a single percent.  You need to add EMPLOYMENT HISTORY. Contracts done on Upwork don't, in any way, contribute to your profile completeness.

Please take a look at the table I posted for you above. You can add any combination of items. Make sure you add your employment history because that is compulsory, then add the rest to make up the remaining 40%.

chakrabartty
Community Member

Hi,Ineed to complete my profile 100% for that upwork showing.So,I had done one project but it is showing pending.But I need to add work history.when it will be approved? And how many time will be need?

When the status will be completed?

Al A wrote:
When the status will be completed?

Al, what do you mean? What status?

You need to complete your profile by following the steps explained in the other posts.

Your payment will be available 5 days after it was approved, but that has nothing at all to do with your profile completeness.

DEBDATTA C wrote:

Hi, I need to complete my profile 100% for that upwork 

Please read through this thread. You need to add "EMPLOYMENT HISTORY" - your profile completeness has nothing to do with contracts you do on Upwork. Those have no effect on your profile completeness.

I understand about profile completion. Need to know when my work history is
showing?

Hi Al,

Please know that in general, when you receive the earnings, the contract should show on your work history. You can find more information about getting paid for Fixed-Price contracts in this help article

Let us know if your contract is not displayed on your Work History once you receive funds for this contract and we will assist you furher.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths