Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile under review

Highlighted
Galina K Member Since: Feb 19, 2015
1 of 2

Hello,
I'm new in Odesk and my profile is under review from one week. Maybe is needed and must make something for approval.
Please advise me what can i do.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Galina

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 2

Hmmm... Nice photo.

Good rate.

Focused skill set.

Sensible, succinct overview text.

There are a few language usage and grammar problems, but nothing that should prevent approval of the profile. This text is much better than what I see written by most non-native English speakers...

I don't see anything that violates oDesk rules or standards...

You have not taken any skills tests. Should try to do that. Even if your scores are not spectactular but are only passing, you really should try to add some skill tests results. Maybe that is why you haven't been approved yet.

You can also add portfolio pieces. Even if you just have to make some fancy Excel spreadsheets yourself, to demonstrate your skills, it would be helpful to have some portfolio pieces.

You could also format a Microsoft Word file with research you do. Does not need to be for a real client. It can be a demonstration piece.

If you make changes, be sure to re-submit the profile for review. Nobody is sitting around monitoring what you do. You need to tell them.

Honestly, customer service might simply be swamped with too much work, behind on processing requests. So it's possible they have not got around to looking at your profile.

But my suggestion is to make at least some improvement or addition, and then re-submit your profile for approval, and then while you wait, continue to study and take tests and add to your portfolio. Eventually you will get approved.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS