🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » profile visibility in searching engine
Page options
mvchetty
Community Member

profile visibility in searching engine

My profile visibility is "Up work users only" Howeve, I am able to see my full name in a searching engine.  Could you please explain why it is reflecting.  Is this conflict inclusive of the privacy policy or Terms of services.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2a05aa63
Community Member

I takes few weeks for links to update on google after you changed your privacy settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi

I would like to confirm that we don`t control Google search results. You can request from google so that this search result is removed. You can submit removal requests through your own Google account

Could you also confirm if your profile visibility was set to public at any time? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Muralikrishnan V wrote:

My profile visibility is "Up work users only" Howeve, I am able to see my full name in a searching engine.  Could you please explain why it is reflecting.  Is this conflict inclusive of the privacy policy or Terms of services.

How long ago did you set your profile to "Upwork users only?"

Search engines do not immediately update

If it's any consolation: It is not possible to access your account from the link in the search result unless you're logged in:

Upwork only.jpg

mvchetty
Community Member

Thank you!

2a05aa63
Community Member

I takes few weeks for links to update on google after you changed your privacy settings.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths