cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proposal on upwork

Highlighted
Elena T Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
1 of 4

Hello I submited a proposal for my first job on upwork and I received a positive answer (a message) with what I have to do for the job and requesting me to answer back if I am interested . I give her a positive answer of course . When I go to proposals I see that I have one but from now on...I don't know what I shell do , I don't find any button saying to accept something, I don't know where to press  , .nor did I receive any more messages from the contractor

I don't know what to do further to see if the job is accepted or not .

So if is anyone to explain me how does this work I will be more than gratefull 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Elena,

During the interview process, in the messages, the client will send you an offer for you to review and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You can see any contracts under the 'My jobs'. Please make sure there is a contract in place before you do any work for a client. You may find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork.  Please pay attention to the Safety First! section, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, as these will help you work safely on Upwork!

If you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Elena T Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
3 of 4
Thank you!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 4

The interview stage is where communicate about the job takes place. It may be getting detailed information about the job, questions answered, terms discussed, and payment agreed on or it may be just a message saying if you're interested, answer back. This client may have communicated that way with several freelancers. This may be her way of creating a shortlist. In fact, she may have, from the responses she got, already offered a contract to another freelancer. 

If you are offered the job, you'll get a notification  and you can either get more information, the materials involved, ask more questions, etc,  Or you can just accept the offer or decline the offer. (it's advised that you have everything you need in order to start work as soon as you accept an offer. )

At this point, until you either hear back from this client or receive an offer, you do nothing. Continuye looking for work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS