🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » proposal
Page options
b8fa6e2e
Community Member

proposal

hello Upwork community,
I am new here till this moment I have just 10 proposals sent and I receive 0 client responses, could you please check my profile may you find something I missed it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bingiart
Community Member

Hi Elisa B.,

There are some bad influencers on social media. They create things like this for some views.

For Ex: 

1) Download images from free Stock Photography sites, then upload those images to paid Stock Photography sites and earn money.

2) Download YouTube videos and upload those videos to other social media.

3) Some people translate the news of other language into their language and put that news on their blog. (This type of news is common in print media.)

4) Image Background Removing in MS Word!

5) There are some Audio Typing software available in the market. and etc.

These influencers are promoting these types of content for views and likes. Many viewers want quick results without effort..!

This is the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
elisa_b
Community Member

You are missing a lot. 

You are not "highly skilled in translator" nor "fluent" in English.

"I will do all language translation" - using Google Translate? Come on.

"copy and paste" - this is not a skill. I don't see why Upwork offers this option.

The only logo you uploaded in your portfolio section has at least 3 design errors.

For your own good, please stop applying and wasting money, and come back to Upwork when you have real skills to offer.

bingiart
Community Member

Hi Elisa B.,

There are some bad influencers on social media. They create things like this for some views.

For Ex: 

1) Download images from free Stock Photography sites, then upload those images to paid Stock Photography sites and earn money.

2) Download YouTube videos and upload those videos to other social media.

3) Some people translate the news of other language into their language and put that news on their blog. (This type of news is common in print media.)

4) Image Background Removing in MS Word!

5) There are some Audio Typing software available in the market. and etc.

These influencers are promoting these types of content for views and likes. Many viewers want quick results without effort..!

This is the problem.

elisa_b
Community Member

I know. In my field of work, everybody think they can be translators - because they can use machine translation services. Everybody think they can be content writers - because they know their native language. I have also seen many people pretending to be designers - just because they have a Canva account.

ee3565ec
Community Member

do you create proposals?

mdbutnayem
Community Member

Hello Mediana, 

I can provide some general tips on how to improve your chances of getting hired on Upwork:

1. Optimize your profile: Make sure your profile is complete and showcases your skills, experience, and qualifications in a professional and compelling way. Use a clear and friendly profile photo, write an engaging overview, and highlight your top skills and past projects.

2. Customize your proposals: Don't use generic proposals for every job you apply to. Take the time to read each job description carefully and tailor your proposal to the specific needs and requirements of the client. Show that you understand their needs and offer a customized solution that demonstrates your expertise.

3. Be competitive with your pricing: Make sure your rates are competitive for the work you're proposing. You can research the average rates for your skills and experience on Upwork to get a sense of what other freelancers are charging.

4. Be proactive and persistent: Keep applying to jobs and don't get discouraged if you don't hear back right away. Follow up on your proposals after a few days if you haven't heard back, and continue to improve your skills and portfolio over time.

5. Get feedback and ratings: Once you start landing jobs, make sure to deliver high-quality work and ask clients for feedback and ratings. Positive ratings and feedback can help build your reputation and make you more attractive to future clients.

I hope these tips are helpful for you. Good luck with your Upwork journey!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths