🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » question for hourly work
Page options
f2188527
Community Member

question for hourly work

Hi. Finally, after several weeks I got my first contract. I have some questions:

(1) Upwork asked me to verify the account. Can I start the work before it is verified?

(2) In hourly work, the client can authorize adding time manually, but I prefer to do it with the time tacker. Why does the time tacker not find the active contract? Is it because the account is not verified yet, or because the client chose to add time manually? Please help. I am totally new. THANK YOU

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

1 Yes.

2 Be sure contract is active. Maybe start date not reached or so.

sbluetechnology
Community Member

Hi Estela, welcome to Upwork!!

1) If Upwork has asked you to verify your account, it is recommended that you complete the verification process before starting any work on the platform. Upwork may have placed a temporary hold on your account until the verification process is complete, and attempting to start work before verification could lead to account suspension or termination.

2) The time tracker should be able to detect the active contract, regardless of whether the client authorized adding time manually or not. It is unlikely that the verification status of your account would affect the time tracker's ability to find the active contract.

I hope you got satisfactory answers.😊

PradeepH

Hi Estela,

Thank you for your message. I checked the hourly job you are referring to and noticed that the job is already active. The verification initiated on your account will not disable the time tracker from showing your contract. Could you please follow the troubleshooting steps listed on this help page to check if it resolves your issue?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths