cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"1-Way" Video Verification Call

Paul A Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
1 of 3

Just had a video verification call with May Ann O. [interesting since I already provided my Government Issued ID]. She was very nice and this step was overally very quick - I received an email a few minutes after the call confirming my account is no longer being held.

On this topic, I have a question for the Community: Does anyone else find it rude to video conference with someone and not be able to see the person?

Again, Maya/May Ann O. was very nice, but I had to mention that I found the procedure rude insofar as requiring a video chat to verify a personal identify - then making it impressively impersonal. Screenshot attached.

She replied that it was a "1-Way Call" which is, well, a bit absurd in my opinion. Unsure how a conversation can be "1-Way" unless it's misnamed.

Again, May Ann O. was very polite and professional in demeanor, so kudos to her -

But I wanted to express some annoyance at this detail of the process.

What do you all think?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

re: "Does anyone else find it rude to video conference with someone and not be able to see the person?"

It's a hoop. As freelancers, we're asked to jump through it.

That's it.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
3 of 3

I was not bothered by it because the purpose was only to verify my identity. If this were a conversation with a client and that client demanded video (which has never happened to me) I would then expect they would be on video as well. However, for this extremely brief exchange it made no difference. I don't care what the other person looks like and I was not expecting to make a personal connection. I needed them to feel good that I was who I said I was and then allow me to get on with my business. Mission accomplished. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS