🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unknown error when trying to login on Desktop...
Page options
bb_103
Community Member

"An unknown error has occured" when tring to log in with desktop app on mac

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 18.29.50.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-02 at 17.47.39.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 18.29.50.png

I've tried restart computer and reinstall app with no success

23 REPLIES 23
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue.

I could not work for my client.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

I am using Upwork Desktop Mac App Version 5.3.3.883

Thanks

Sahidur Rahman Suman

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahidur Rahman,

Could you please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running? Please right-click on that and go to settings and logout. Once this is done, click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
suman5040
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

It was not working for me even I did not get any logout option.

I am unable to login my account via Desktop app.

Thanks

Sahidur Rahman Suman

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sahidur Rahman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
chosalla
Community Member

Hey!

I have the same problem. I've tried all the above and also heard adding  "command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}" on Terminal might do the trick but so far nothing has worked and I keep getting an "unknown error". 

Hey!

I downloaded the desktop app and am trying to login but keep getting an error message: "an unknown error occured".

This is what I've tried so far without success:

- command> mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak} on Terminal

- clearing cache

- re-installing app

- restarting laptop 

- logging in using both username and email

- changed my password

Could I get some help in getting it to work, please?

Hi,

I use Upwork Desktop App on Xubuntu 18.04. I had same problem after installing the latest stable version (5.3.3.883_amd64.deb) and happily I solved it. What I did to solve :
-- Go to Settings (right click on panel icon)

-- Clicks on Advanced → Clear Cache And Restart

image.png

Hope this will help.

Cheers.

Thank you James. 

As I mentioned, clearing cache didn't work when I tried it.

I'm glad it worked for you!

I'm having the same exact issue of "an unknow error has occured" and I've tried the same things including updating and reinstalling the app, changing username and password, logging in on the app with my desktop logged out and logged in on two different browsers and I've also checked my setttings to make sure my google account isn't linked. I can login fine in my browser. Has this problem been solved? I need it up and running to work today to be able to work

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kelsey.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Salla.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Facing the same issue. Please help asap.

Hi Pranav,

Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need help with the same issue. "Unknown error has occured" on Mac.

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already managed to log time using Desktop App today. Could you please confirm if you are still having the same issue? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Good day,

I was adviced to delete cache and downloaded again the desktop app, Still the same error.  Please advise!

Hi Catherine,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your Desktop app. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue. Please help!

Hi Giovanna, 

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Please turn off the Upwork Desktop App, and log out of the Desktop App by going to your app's Settings. 
  2. Open the Terminal app
  3. Run the following command - mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}
  4. Restart the Upwork Desktop App

If this doesn't resolve your issues, please update this thread and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery,

The solution works for me.

marifetoro
Community Member

Hii there!

I have the same message error with my tracker. 

Hi Maria Fernanda,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? If the problem continues after doing the troubleshooting steps, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members