cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Approaching" and "Exceeding" Weekly Limit

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 7

If you have an hourly contract there is an icon that will show when you are "approaching" a weekly limit or if you have surpassed it.  That's great, but for the longest time I've found it rather useless because of how liberal it takes "approaching".  For example I am just over 20% of a weekly amount and I already see this icon.  80% left is approaching?  On a related note, when you hit the max hours for the week, it will show you the icon indicating you have exceeded it.  This even though the hours spent match exactly the hours budgeted.  This has been going really for as long as I've been here, but I am finally getting around to posting about it.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

@Scott B wrote:

If you have an hourly contract there is an icon that will show when you are "approaching" a weekly limit or if you have surpassed it.  That's great, but for the longest time I've found it rather useless because of how liberal it takes "approaching".  For example I am just over 20% of a weekly amount and I already see this icon.  80% left is approaching? 

Strange, mine does the exact opposite.

On my 40 hour contract it appears at 32 hours, on my 15 hour one it appears at 12... so when I have reached 80% of the weekly limit.

40 at 32.jpg

12 of 15.jpg

So you are saying yours would turn yellow at 8 hours worked on a 40 hour contract and 3 hours worked on a 15 hour contract?

Do you have the latest version of the tracker?

Do you maybe have quite low weekly limits?

Community Guru
3 of 7

Hi Petra,

I do have the latest version of the tracker.  The recent contracts are indeed for low hours (4 hours or so) but I assumed it would work on a percentage basis.  So for example when you have consumed 75% of the hours you would get the "approaching" message.  If it is based on hard hours that would be silly given the range can and will vary substantially.  I've also seen this issue for contracts with a larger budgeted base of 20 hours. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Scott,

I'm not sure from your comments what exactly you're seeing on your Team App, but can confirm that once 80% of the weekly limit is reached, the progress bar turns from green to orange, regardless of the total number of authorized hours. After exceeding the weekly limit, the bar will turn red.

If this is not what you're experiencing, please take a screenshot and share the contract details with Support so we can have a look.

Community Guru
5 of 7

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Scott,

I'm not sure from your comments what exactly you're seeing on your Team App, but can confirm that once 80% of the weekly limit is reached, the progress bar turns from green to orange, regardless of the total number of authorized hours. After exceeding the weekly limit, the bar will turn red.

If this is not what you're experiencing, please take a screenshot and share the contract details with Support so we can have a look.

If you look at the "My Jobs" section of the website it shows an exclamation point and a note about approaching weekly limit.  I have one now at only 20% of the limit (i.e. 80% is left).  Seems premature to see such a warning.  Also, exactly matching the limit should not be considered "exceeding" either.  

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Scott,

We have been discussing this internally and it turns out in some areas (like My Jobs page) the warning sign shows when you are certain number of hours away from the limit. It's definitely not optimal for jobs with weekly limits of just a few hours, so we are going to revise it in the future.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
7 of 7

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Scott,

We have been discussing this internally and it turns out in some areas (like My Jobs page) the warning sign shows when you are certain number of hours away from the limit. It's definitely not optimal for jobs with weekly limits of just a few hours, so we are going to revise it in the future.

Thanks!

Thanks, Valeria.  Probably a percentage would be better.  When it is equal though it shouldn't say you exceeded it.   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS