🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Client" offered to pay to use my account
Page options
danielsdatancc
Community Member

"Client" offered to pay to use my account

Hello comminity. Happy sunday!

A client reached me out and offered a job - He put his contacts there and did not reply to any messages.
I sent a message on skype saying something like "Hey, I pinged you on Upwork" and he started chatting with me there. It looked as a job interview, so I let it go.
Then all of a sudden the guy offered money to let him use my account. He tried saying something like "your income is too low" and some stuff like that. I said no and imediatelly blocked the guy on skype. I have the prints, but I am not sure if I can post them here.
Do I have to do anything, or blocking the guy and forgeting that happened is good enough?

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Could you please send me a private message with more information along with the screenshots so that I can check and send a report to our team for investigation?

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'll send you a message right now.

But just for the records, it wasn't a job post, it was a direct message (I think it's a feature plus clients, the possibility to talk to freelancers before posting a job)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths