🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Direct to Local Bank" Recommended for Russia...
Page options
ahmed_mohib
Community Member

"Direct to Local Bank" Recommended for Russia ( Payment method cannot be added )

Hello,

Please, i need your help,

I am about 4 hours now trying to Set up my Payment details as (Recommended for Russia) Direct to Local Bank (RUB), I added all the details for my bank account and after i press next , The website shows me this message (( Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements . ))

I felt that may be i wrote wrong information or something, I called my bank to check all the information with them and it's was all right, there nothing wrong with it.

I don't know why i got this message..?

- I am Egyptian and i am living in Moscow Region, Russia now, My Bank name is Sberbank, I have 2 bank accounts (Dollar $ and Ruble ₽), i tried to use the Dollar account first and i got this message, i tried to use the Rubles account and i got the same message. ( I don't know what to do now..!!! )

I searched everywhere till i understood that i can use only the Rubles account, i tried again but i got the same message.

I searched again and i read that some people have the same case like me, I don't know this is from  Sberbank or from the website.

Please, Can you tell me what to do now? and if the problem with Sberbank, Can you tell me please which bank in Russia i can add it here and Upwork will accept it..!!!

i checked the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY and they don't write anything there.

Please, Just tell me the name of this Banks, to choose one them and go direct to open account there,

Thank you

Waiting for reply

Have a nice day

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry to hear you weren't able to add your bank account. Please, check out the U.S Department of Treasury website for more information, this particular Resource Center page.

You are welcome to add a different bank to your profile. If the bank is not listed as restricted by U.S OFAC restrictions it should not have any problems on our site.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your support and reply,

I already checked it but nothing there written about which banks i can use it in Russia, there is no banks lists there,

Really they put a lot ( a lot ) of sanctions information and PDF's, i thinks this sanctions information for banks or governments not for personal and most of it about Ukraine not about Russia.!!

There is no information about name of banks and most of this information is old, it's from 2017,

I am sorry for disturbing you,

Please, All I need to know only, Which banks Upwork will accept it as Direct to Local Bank  for Payment method to go to open a account in one of this banks

or Just send me a screenshot with the name of this banks, i will appreciate that.

Thank you for your time and support

waiting for your reply.

jedi92
Community Member

I have the same problem with Sberbank. Pls tell me how did you solve it? 

Hello Alexey, 

I am so sorry, I just saw the post, Did you solve it or not yet? 

If not yet, write to me and I will tell you all the steps to withdraw the payment to Sberbank.

Hello, Ahmed. Not solved. Im just using Tinkoff bank.

Hi Alexey,

Great, I think you use the rubles account for Tinkoff bank only Because If you want to use SberBank, You can use only the Ruble account too. There is no way to "(Get Paid)" transfer the money in Dollars in Russia.

Even if you transfer them to PayPal,  you need to have Ruble's bank account only too. 

Any way to use SberBank: 

- When you write the SWIFT Code : SABRRUM3

The website will automatically choose the Branch that you opened the account in it.

You will need to change the (Bank Branch) to >>> 

SBERBANK (SREDNERUSSKY HEAD OFFICE),  MOSCOW, 109544, RUSSIAN FEDERATION.  "((It must be the Head Office))".

- The most important thing is to write this SWIFT Code and change the Bank Branch to SberBank Head Office. 

Note: SberBank has 3 SWIFT Code, This is the only code worked with me.

Wish you good luck.

Ok, thank you!

I am facing same problem and I have tried all solutions given herein so far, nothing seems to work.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chima,

Please refer to the instructions Bojan shared in his post below:

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Ahmed.
First of all, thanks for great job you had done with this research!
I have just one ensurement to be done:
When you had set Swift code different from the one you get in Sberbank, do you still safely receive payments on your Sberbank account? Wasn't they rejected or missed?

Community Member

Ahmed's response was spot on and it worked for me immediately. Thank you so much and good luck.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths