cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Freelancers" posting jobs advertising themselves!

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1 of 6
Every now and then I stumble upon some job postings which are actually sent by people offering their services instead of clients looking for providers. They are often written in a broken English. The funniest being those who introduce themselves as translators but can't spell. Today in my job feed I found a French writer advertising for his talents in creative writing. The whole stuff was written in a completely broken French. What exactly is going on? I never posted a job on oDesk, is it so easy to get confused? Or is it that those people can't read?
-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 6
I've have seen these from time to time also. I suspect that they are just in a hurry to make a profile or cannot read English very well and open a client account instead of a freelancer account.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
3 of 6
Then it speaks volumes about some providers. Especially in the writing category, when they pose themselves as translators or writers. Now I understand how come that some clients are hiring penny per word freelancers :-)
-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6
Hi Rene, I understand how seeing a lot of such job postings can be frustrating. Please, make sure to flag those kind of postings for "Advertising" or "Job is in wrong category." Our Team will review all the reports and take appropriate actions against those postings. Thank you,
~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 6
I always flag them. I used to flag them as 'job in the wrong category' because that was the most relevant choice, but now we can flag as 'advertising' as mentioned above. It can get annoying. I think 'what's so difficult about distinguishing between a freelancer account and a client one'? But now I understand that some of them probably can't read English very well.
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
6 of 6
[quote=Rene K.] Or is it that those people can't read?[/quote]
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS