cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Hidden" Applications?

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 18
If a Freelancer's application is "hidden," at least show an indicator to that effect on the "My Job Applications" page adjacent to each application that is hidden. It's easy to foresee that most clients will not spend the time to review "hidden" applications--hidden as a result of "mindless" computer algorithms. All of this because clients have asked for better ways to "filter" their applicants? Give clients better tools and options to use to filter applicants. The new system seems to have caused as much bad as good--especially bad for freelancers.
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 18
Believe me, this is not benefitting anyone. Clients hate it as well.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
BEST ANSWER
3 of 18
It's amazing to find that this problem is still ongoing. Search and you'll find (hopefully!) a load of threads going back six months about it. For a lot of people like me it knocked out two months of earnings then miraculously suddenly disappeared - but it's evidently still going on and ruining people's livelihoods. I believe I read a response recently from a mod to file a ticket... what for? to complain about something that is working (in their view)? Consider that the forums are visited by a small minority of users... then how many are just hanging on unaware of what is happening (or not happening)? I feel for you, hang on in there...
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
4 of 18
From the many complaints appearing in the forum, it seems that oDesk is hiding freelancers with a lot of hours and high ratings. Perhaps their logic is to give the incapable a chance at work. I can see no other reason for this stupid "system".
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
5 of 18
Maybe that explains why my job feed now contains job posts that don't have any of my keywords and require skills that I don't have. Magento developer? Voice over artist? Video producer? Really. It's bad enough I have to go through ridiculously low-paying jobs that I am at least capable of doing. Now I'm supposed to go through jobs I'm incapable of doing, too.
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
6 of 18
For me the job feed has become useless. My custom searches still seem to produce mediocre results. Of course, I cannot see what might have been filtered out of the results. Actually, now that I think about it, I thought that the types of jobs I seek are no longer available on oDesk. Hah, they must be filtered out!
Muhammad T Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
7 of 18
Exactly the same happens to me as well. Job feeds are not working properly. The jobs which were in abundance and I would receive 7-10 invites a week & now its been quite a while since I've received an invite.
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
8 of 18
Hmm, this is rather logical to me as experienced freelancers are most likely to complain in the forums. I hope that your theory is wrong...
Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
9 of 18
Hi I have more 7000+ hours and 630+ five star feedbacks. I applied jobs that best suited my skills but i'm not getting interviews for last 3 months. I think its time to say good bye odesk if they donot listen us or give appropriate solution. Thanks Vivek
Sultana R Member Since: Apr 14, 2013
10 of 18
hidden policy has been caused a threaten for client and freelancer not to get the proper job done . it is a great sorrow that for hidden policy while searching by skill many many experienced(may be 10 years experienced) does not show in the search and it shows ever very new one . and i am sure these new one can never do the perfect job . experience of years has a value . it also should be mentioned the freelancers those who have done more jobs may be more than 80 like me are getting more flag that is normal because they are facing with more people . and we can not deny that the word cheater is applicable for not only for freelancers but also for clients. i am sure this hidden policy will hide all the experienced one .
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS