🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Invite Only"?
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

"Invite Only"?

I can see many clients turn the Job into "Invite Only" after some minutes or hours of posting the job in public!

a.JPG

I don't know if they want to invite only then why the job doesn't show as an "Invite Only" in our Job Post? I can see this in the proposals after some minutes or hours of applying that they want to invite-only! Definitely I would never lose my connects and time by applying for those clients who want to invite-only! I don't know how this can be a fair process of posting a job who change their mind! Are there no rules for these kinds of job posts? 

Thank you,

RAFSUN

4 REPLIES 4
versailles
Community Member

I have posted public jobs only to turn them to invite-only and the other way around.

Now, invite-only jobs should not show up in the board and should not accept proposals. But this is Upwork and on Upwork nothing is updated in real-time...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

As a new user, I think the only way to make a post "invite only" is to first post it publicly because I see nothing allowing the invite only option when writing up the listing

petra_r
Community Member

John W wrote:

I think the only way to make a post "invite only" is to first post it publicly because I see nothing allowing the invite only option when writing up the listing

It is entirely possible to set the "invite only" option without first posting the job.

The option comes towards the end

invite only.png

lysis10
Community Member

I think a lot of clients get overwhelmed with the junk bids and flip the job to private.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members