cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Job is Closed"? Shouldn't we get our connects back immediately?

Bijit S Member Since: Dec 29, 2014
1 of 7

Hi,

A lot of jobs I've applied to this month has been closed and I haven't got my connects back. Now I'm getting out of connects. Support said I'll get the connects back in the next billing cycle. 

Now don't you think we should get our connects back immediately when a job is closed without hiring someone? I don't mind being declined on a job because the client chose the right freelancer for their project. But when a client closes their job without hiring a freelancer, I feel like I lost my connects for nothing.

2017-02-15_10-03-13.png

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 7

Hi Bijit, 

Connects are only returned when either the client, or Upwork cancels the job without hiring. You can go to Settings> Membership & Connects> View Connects History to keep track of used, unused, and returned connects.

Please, check this help article for more information about using Connects.

-Avery
Untitled
Digital A Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
3 of 7

Hi Avery,

I recently withdraw proposals of 2 closed job with no reason, but I did not get back connects. Can you let pls give me some advice about this issue?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 7

Hi there, 

I checked the job posts and the proposals you are referring to, and can confirm that both job posts have freelancers hired for the project. Only jobs that were closed without any hire do we refund connects that were used. In this case, since both job posts were closed with hire, connects used will not be returned. Please also know that withdrawing your proposal does not return any connects to you. 

I would also like to note that the team has reached out to you through an email with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Usama S Member Since: Jun 28, 2019
5 of 7

Hi Avery,

I applied to multiple jobs and almost all of them have been closed and archived. I never knew that you get connects return for closed jobs.

I do know now. Can you check into my account history and help me get connects back.

Best,
Usama **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Usama,

You can check the connects that were refunded back to you by going to settings> membership and connects> view connects history. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Niharika S Member Since: Apr 24, 2019
7 of 7

I feel same.

We should get back our connects back immediately in this case. 

It's not our mistake @upwork, do something. And this time its directly 4-6 connects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS