🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Job is no longer available"
Page options
grimesr
Community Member

"Job is no longer available"

I was invited to submit a proposal to a job. I did. The job indicates it is an "Invite Only" job. I saved the job so I could easily go back and check what is happening. When I look at my Saved Jobs, this job is flagged with "Job is no longer available". However if I open the job, the stats show 1 interview, a large number of Invites Sent and all but one Unanswered Invites. There is no "Hired".

So why is it no longer available? Maybe a new status need to be used.

8 REPLIES 8
bundie702
Community Member

"So why is it no longer available? Maybe a new status need to be used."

-------------------------

It sounds to me like the client officially withdrew, for reasons of their own (maybe they hired someone off this platform). Consider that a blessing. Many jobs are simply left hanging indefinitely.

Positively not the case. I just was contacted by the client about the project.

Hi Robert: 

After how much time after an invitation from the client, you checked the status of the job?

Zia Ur R wrote:

Hi Robert: 

After how much time after an invitation from the client, you checked the status of the job?

Hours. Again, as I said, I have been communicating with the client and the project is still there.

"Positively not the case. I just was contacted by the client about the project."

------------------

In that case, you can inform the client that the job is showing as "no longer available." Maybe he or she can tell you what's going on. It could be something as simple as them hitting the wrong key. At any rate, I'm sure you know this platform well enough not to do work for a client without being officially hired.

I still think it has something to do with the job being an "invite only". Probably means that no one but invitees can actually see it????

Hi Robert, if the job has been moved to "invite only" then the client probably has narrowed down his selection and is no longer accepting new submissions. Only those invited will have access to the job at this point.

Catherine M wrote:

Hi Robert, if the job has been moved to "invite only" then the client probably has narrowed down his selection and is no longer accepting new submissions. Only those invited will have access to the job at this point.

FYI, from what I can tell, it was never open for proposals, but that is not my point.

I just am trying to say, "Job is no longer available" is misleading, maybe it should say "Job by invitation only". That is my only point.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members