Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Jobs Closed" Why so many?

brangysmith
Brangy G Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
1 of 3

Good night! Greetings.

I've been receiving a lot of emails telling me: "A job you posted a proposal to has been closed". Right now I need to start earning again in order to get my profile back to "public" so,  I keep trying to get hired but a lot of jobs get closed without hiring someone, why's that? Is that usual?

michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Jobs get closed all the time without hiring. They either expire, or the client finds what they need elsewhere. Just because they post a job doesn't mean they MUST hire someone from Upwork. For some clients, it's more normal than others. That's why there's a hiring rate on the sidebar of every job posting, so you know the likelihood of the client actually looking for a freelancer, or just "kicking the tires."

And you don't HAVE to start earning to change your profile status. You can either upgrade your membership, or simply click on the link in your profile status settings to auto-submit a request to have it changed back to public.

View solution in original post

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 3

I think Upwork is being more active in closing posts that have been open quite a while without the client taking action.  I think it's 30 days but in the past, stale posts have gone longer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS