cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Must" Add Africa to the freelancers search options

Highlighted
mohammed g Member Since: Jul 3, 2009
1 of 5
Australasia East Asia Eastern Europe Latin America North America South Asia Western Europe And Misc ? Oh, And it should be placed in the top of the list according to the alphabetical order. Africans and freelancers from the "Misc" location Please vote.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 5

Sorry to revive an old thread... but mods, can you please ask the team why an entire continent is excluded from the location filter in freelancer search?

How can Africa fall under "Misc"? Come on, this is quite insulting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 5
As a client, I would love to have a filter by country and to be allowed to check multiple countries (not just 1 like the current system).

Before anyone label me as racist etc, I need local original photos and I can't find the right person to do it.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
4 of 5

There are many reasons why someone may need to filter by country. An oDesk client keeps pestering me to do research for him in Moz and get him certain legal documents, even though that's not what I do.

So I thought I might as well also suggest to the mods the inclusion of "Africa" in the continent location filter.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

It is NOT "racist" to want to hire contractors from a specific country or region, or to want to exclude from searches contractors from specific countries or regions.

There is no need to defend having preferences in where you hire people from.

ODesk already has many regional filters in place. I fully support expanding these filters and tools.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS