cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"My Stats" page using 5 Week (35 day) Metric !?

iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
11 of 18

Garmor

I have a question Garnor Please see the attachment and please explain what will be the end of it?

Since its started it was 

You replied to 9 of 9 invitations to apply in the past 90 days:

Now its 3 of 3 as my portfolio is set to private and my clients direct hire me means without intevites so I would like to ask what will be the end of it when it goes to 0 of 0?

Will it still shows the complete green bars or just collpse to nothing?

Please shed some light.

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 18

Hi Iftikhar,

The Communication metric is based on invitations you have received in the past 90 days. If there are none, you will see "You haven't received any invitations in the past 90 days."

~ Valeria
Upwork
iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
13 of 18

Thanks Valeria but can you please confirm that my green bars will remain full green at "Alway"reply when it goes to 0 of 0 in 90 days?

Will it effect my JS if it went to 0 of 0 in 90 days?

Thanks

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
14 of 18

Valeria, "You haven't received any invitations in the past 90 days." That's nice to know. So if invitations received are not of interest to the freelancer, those invitations still have some value as long as replied to in a timely manner. I had been thinking of setting my availability to not available.

Ron aka LanWanMan
setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
15 of 18

Thanks to both Lena and Garnor respectively for their replies. Lena took a more CS approach and sidelined the issue, while I hope Garnor is just repeating what was told to him by the engineers after asking. I understand that you both have a job to do and I am surely not trying to throw the community into anarchy, or I would have easily divulged the method used to obtain the back-end stats.

I welcome and look forward to the forthcoming detail on JS score and also understand that there are those who would endeavour to manipulate the system if allowed. However I can also guarantee the authenticity of the metric I provided, and that it was copied and pasted from Upwork without any other manipulation whatsoever. The pleasure would be mine to validate it for you or anyone else that were interested. It would not make sense taking it up with CS as I am almost sure it is a site-wide calculation (not a discrepancy).

I just wanted some public acknowledgement of either an error or misleading statements, on Upwork's part.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
16 of 18

Hi Setu! I admire your quest for transparency (my words; not yours) and your interest in research. I have performed various studies myself, regarding the methods used on this platform.

From spreadsheets to statical studies using statistical analysis software and even design of experiments (DOE). Unfortunately, my studies were always based on insufficient data, fragmented data, and a continual "moving target" (repetitive and at times conflicting changes).

In addition, I appreciate the replies given my Garnor, Valeria, Lena, and others. At least they are trying to provide meaningful clarification to members requests for information.

You "bump" it, I'll watch it....

Ron aka LanWanMan
chadworth
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
17 of 18

I don't know if I have said this to you directly before Setu, but I am interested in this as well.

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
18 of 18
I saw you interest some time ago throughout your posts in the community Chad. As Ronald said, the data accessible is poor and incomplete. But even with incomplete data some things could be better understood. I think private feedback is the only real piece of missing data. The problem is the data is separated in chunks in each persons profiles, and I am sure Admin would boot us for any collusion.

I actually stopped collecting the little I was doing because this thread died twice as there was no response for days even after being "bumped."

I differ from most in that, along with complaining loudly, I think if strong Upwork data can be presented to show inadequacies in the system, it may bring about some change. My hope may be misplaced however.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS