🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "No feedback given" - incorrect notice?
Page options
toniolivier
Community Member

"No feedback given" - incorrect notice?

Hi all

I have an odd issue.  My job success rate looked low, and I discovered that my most recently completed job is marked as "No feedback given".  So I messaged the client and asked them to give feedback.

Then I discovered after switching to client mode and checking my profile, that they DID give feedback.  I feel like a fool. 

I never gave the client feedback, and I can't find a way to do this now.  Could this be the cause?

Please advise!

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Toni O wrote:

Thanks for clarifying this Petra.  Could you tell me whether a job being open affects JSS? 

Only if it has been open and inactive for months and (!) nothing has ever (!) been paid.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Toni,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

Please keep in mind that it takes some time for your profile to be updated accordingly once a contract is closed. I also just generated your profile manually, if you`re still missing feedback on your profile let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much for your quick response Goran.

This is very confusing.  I never had the opportunity to give the client feedback on that job.

Now an unfortunate thing happened - the client had two jobs with the same title that they hired me for, one was completed (the problem one).  The other was ongoing hourly work.  So they closed the ongoing job in order to give me feedback, thinking it was the first job!  Anyway, nothing can be done about that now.

I would like to give feedback to the client on the job that had the issue.  How do I go about that?  The contract number is 23398098.  It still shows as having no feedback on my job profile - it was closed on January 20.  However, feedback shows if I view as client.

I understand that the other job that just got completed will take time to resolve.

My job completion is at 88%, which I think is because of this problem of the feedback not being given on that first job.  Could you advise?

Thanks for your help,

Toni

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Toni O wrote:

I have an odd issue.  My job success rate looked low, and I discovered that my most recently completed job is marked as "No feedback given".

I never gave the client feedback, and I can't find a way to do this now.  Could this be the cause?

Whether you left feedback for the client or not has no effect on your JSS, nor would a "No feedback given" contract affect your JSS, so that would not be the reason.

Feedback is double-blind, so when the client left feedback, and you did not, their feedback would never become visible until you DID leave feedback OR the feedback window of 14 days ends.

Once 14 days from when the contract was closed have passed, you could no longer leave feedback for the client and the client's feedback becomes visible.

Thanks for the response Petra - see my previous response to Goran. 

Perhaps "no feedback given" means I didn't give feedback? 

Toni O wrote:

Thanks for the response Petra - see my previous response to Goran. 

Perhaps "no feedback given" means I didn't give feedback? 

On the client's history, yes.

The pertinent point is that whether you leave or get feedback does not affect your JSS. 

Thanks for clarifying this Petra.  Could you tell me whether a job being open affects JSS?  I can't find any reference to this in the help.

Toni O wrote:

Thanks for clarifying this Petra.  Could you tell me whether a job being open affects JSS? 

Only if it has been open and inactive for months and (!) nothing has ever (!) been paid.

Thanks again for your excellent responses Petra. 

Woman Happy

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members