cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Operation not permitted (the job posting has been suspended)."

mario-chirinos
Community Guru

When tying to apply to jobs I am gtting this error

Operation not permitted (the job posting has been suspended).

21 REPLIES 21
jsutherland
Community Guru

This is what you will always see when Upwork has removed a job post for violations.

lysis10
Community Guru

I would hazard a guess that the job has been suspended.

Yes but this hapened to me three times in a row, at first I thought there was someething wrong with my acount. 

Then I realize that were the jobs that were not longer avilable, but after writing a proposal and geting this error for three consecutive proposals is a bit anoying. 

Three separate jobs or the same job?

three different ones. 

At Upwork, we don't just suspend jobs. We suspend all jobs for risk management.

I dont see why this job are still being listed if have been already suspended

It's possible there is lag between flagging a job and it showing in the listing. But, could be a bug too. I guess only a mod or CS could tell you that. They will probably ask you for the job IDs.

Right Mario???

I am sure is an other bug

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mario,

Could you please submit a support ticket with the links to the job postings you tried to apply to. We will check if those job were actually taken down or if there is another issue that provents you from sending proposals for those jobs.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I had that a couple of weeks ago, and first thought "Well, OK then, they will have suspended the job post while I was working on my proposal...." but it (the job posting) was still there the next day, so I tried to apply again and got the same result ....

There were none of the usual indicators that hint at an issue, established client, payment method verified, job posting in line with what they usually hire, nothing untowards in the job posting....

screeler
Community Guru

I'm sure I'm not the first person this has happened to, but it's the first time it's happened to me. 

I spent quite a bit of time fashioning my proposal so that I came off as the idea person to hire for this job and then i get this message : Operation not permitted (the job posting has been suspended).

So I figure that I did something wrong. I did the proposal over again and same thing.  I did go into the job again from the job search and see if I could access it and I could. So I'm left scratching my head as to what is going on? 

Anyone know anything about this type of error? 

now I just saw how long the client has been gone since viewing and it's 20 days. Could this have something to do with it? 

Someone else was talking about this this morning.

Valeria asked the guy to send her the job IDs. I've had that happen on Elance and wanted to cry when I lost my bid. lol

ohh okay so i'm not the only one then... 

peezed me the heck off i tell ya. i had a good feeling about the darn job too. 

i'm gonna look for it and see if it's really suspended. 

@Mariska P wrote:

ohh okay so i'm not the only one then... 

peezed me the heck off i tell ya. i had a good feeling about the darn job too. 

i'm gonna look for it and see if it's really suspended. 

I was getting the same error for a shouldn't-be-suspended-for-any-reason-I-can-see job on Saturday and Sunday.  Tried it again this morning and it went through. It's annoying, but I learned long ago never to trust the submission process, so I always save my text locally just in case.

Thanks Darrin,

I tried the job again and still getting the same error... submitted a query with the print screen. maybe cs can find out what's going on. 

I mean, why would it say submit proposal if it's suspended right? 

sigh. 

Hi Mariska,

Thank you for submitting the ticket. I have checked the job posting you referred to and it does look like there are certain issues with the client's account that prevented you from sending your proposal for the job. We are working with the team to make sure everything is clarified.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria!

It was bugging me because it still said submit proposal , and now I know the account is being worked on. 

Thanks, and you're welcome! 🙂 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS