🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Proposal Not Found"
Page options
bundie702
Community Member

"Proposal Not Found"

I received two invitations to interview within a few hours of each other last night. Both of them gave me the message "Proposal Not Found" when I tried to read them. Any idea what this means?

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Bettye U wrote:

I received two invitations to interview within a few hours of each other last night. Both of them gave me the message "Proposal Not Found" when I tried to read them. Any idea what this means?

One of three things:

1. The client already hired someone or closed the job post for some other reason
  2. Upwork took the job posts down for some reson
  3. There is a bug.

Were you trying to access them from your email notification or your Proposals page?

"Were you trying to access them from your email notification or your Proposals page?"

--------------

From the Notifications page on my desktop.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bettye, 

It looks like the job posts have been removed, which is why you are unable to access them. I understand why the experience may be confusing, and I will share this with the team to improve the experience.

~ Avery
Upwork
bundie702
Community Member

Thank you, Avery. I was concerned because there were two occurrences in a matter of a few hours. Guess it was just a coincidence...

4113bb86
Community Member

Hello I experienced the same issue too two days after I had completed the job but now they won't respond to my messages and I have proof that I did as they asked me to will I get paid for my services 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

bundie702
Community Member

P.S.: It just happened a third time. Something funky is going on...why are all these jobs being removed? This invite came in just 30 minutes ago!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bettye,

I won’t be able to go into details about our internal processes and exact reason, but the job posts you're referring to have been actioned in accordance with Upwork TOS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c3ece096
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/ 

Hi, I received an invitation for a job today, when I tried to accept the job invitation it showed the proposal was not found, please what might be the cause of this issue?

Hi Ojo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to respond to the invitation you are referring to. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork
vedatsozen
Community Member

I have same experience. I think clients do not wait us to respond their invitaiton. We have to adjust notification settings of mobile phone to see invitations of clients. I will do that.

vedatsozen
Community Member

I had same experience two times today. Proposal not found for 2 invitations. I thought client did not wait me and gave job to another one. Any other option ?

Community Member

I just got the "Proposal not found" message after accepting an invitation to interview. I almost freak out because I spent a lot of time writing my proposal and answering the questions from the client, but then I went to my messages and I saw my proposal had been sent.

It seems that it is a bug as well, just like Petra mentioned.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members