cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Resolved" issues

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
1 of 16

A couple of days ago I asked on the Elance WC if Upwork uses a different definition of "resolved" from everyone else. Now they've done it again. I submitted a complaint last week that my long-term client stats weren't corrent; they read 0%, while in reality I have a number of clients I've been working with two years and more.

Well, this morning I got a cheery message from Upwork CS telling me "This problem is now resolved."

No it bloody isn't.

upwork.JPG

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 16

@Fergus

Erg. When we first got stats, it took like 3 weeks for everything to synch. I had an actual score in the "long term client" section of the stats, but it took a LONG time to show a percentage other then 0.

I don't recall if you migrated your profile from Elance, but it's possible there are some trailing bits left.

Which of course, is why you contacted Support, who led you around the mulberry tree and did the "we look like we care, but really we don't" bit with your problem.

Sorry to hear this. My advice is wait another week, and then really hammer support. But heck, maybe you will get lucky and reach someone in support who is actually empowered (unlikely) to deal with your issue.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 16
I have been complaining about this for weeks now. Please see this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Anyone-else-affected-by-the-0-long-term-clients-bug/m-p/...

It's supposed to be fixed this week (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Can-we-get-an-update-on-some-of-these-problems/m-p/10300... along with the incorrect portfolio and work history order and tests on our profiles. But it's Wednesday now and I'm pretty sure nothing will be fixed anytime soon.
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
4 of 16

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:
I have been complaining about this for weeks now. Please see this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Anyone-else-affected-by-the-0-long-term-clients-bug/m-p/...

It's supposed to be fixed this week (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Can-we-get-an-update-on-some-of-these-problems/m-p/10300... along with the incorrect portfolio and work history order and tests on our profiles. But it's Wednesday now and I'm pretty sure nothing will be fixed anytime soon.

@ @Isabelle

LOL I can always count on you to make good replies with relevent info. Thanks! In any case, just wanted to say that I've been "unofficially" paying attention to when they update, and it seems they like to do a lot of the "big" ones on Fridays. Those are often (but not always), actually announced (though not always officially or in a timely manner).

Tuesday and Wedensdays I've noticed that they will sometimes update little things, or squish it into the Maintenance period. Those updates seem to get announced less.

@fergus,

Maybe, maybe it's an actual bug that is being worked on. Of course, I also heard that line when I was waiting for my score to show up, but maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
5 of 16

"Maybe, maybe it's an actual bug that is being worked on."

I certainly hope so. But can Upwork please stop closing tickets, and telling us things are fixed, when two mouse clicks is enough to reveal that they haven't been fixed at all? It isn't exactly boosting their reputation for professionalism and competence, which frankly doesn't have a lot of slack to play around with.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Meggan R Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
6 of 16

In my stats, my long term client number is zero, and that's clearly incorrect.  I've chatted with customer service, and was told weeks ago that someone would look into it, and my stat should be updated soon.  That hasn't happened.

What's going on with this problem?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 16

There are a few people reporting this issue. I have 0 too. I really don't care as long as it's not negatively affecting stats. But that's me.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 16

Hi Fergus, Isabelle and others,

The issue with the percentage for long-term clients has been fixed and I have just confirmed that it's displaying correctly on your accounts in My Stats.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 16

oh cool I'm up to 37%. I have no idea if that's good or bad but it's better than 0!

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
10 of 16
Thank you Valeria. I can confirm that mine at least has been fixed. I hope it's the same for the others here.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS