cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Terrible" Experience with Upwork Mediation Team. Need a right Solution.

Highlighted
Md. Sumon M Member Since: Jul 29, 2015
1 of 15

Once i was create a ticket about another issue. i got my reply after 11 days from Upwork Mediation Team.

However, I got a punishment for another issue (I did Not found actual answer which i have create a ticket for another issue).

Upwork Mediation Team suspend my account temporarily.

Even they told me :

"To remove the suspension, please continue work on your active contracts. Once these are completed successfully, your account will be eligible for reactivation upon review by our team. PLease note that successful completion of your current contracts is key to the resumption of you user account.

We hope your current jobs are successful for both you and your client. Please update this ticket once all of your jobs have been completed."

After giving me this message i send him reply.

"My many client did not give me reply after complete his work with getting whole payment. May be they do not have any work for me now (Will be available in future). So what will i do now ? (Suggest me).

Will i ended all contract from myself, if they do not want to ended his contract with me ?

So where is my mistake here ? Why they suspend my account ?

Do you have any suggestion for me ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 15

I think the 'continuing work on your active contracts' advice, is kind of the carrot that goes along with the stick. I mean, if you've taken thousands of dollars of work off the platform and you murdered a bunch of Upwork staff, then they're never going to reinstate your account... they just want you to keep your current clients happy, so they're pretending everything might be ok. If they said that you're never getting your account back, and as a result you'll probably never be able to withdraw any money... then it's unlikely you're going to be itching to provide a high level of service to your existing clients. 

But as it stands, you have the option of marking your project as complete, and having them review your account... or not marking it as complete and holding out. Probably best to mark it as complete and get it over with. Could end in tears, depending on what it is that you've done... but you may as well get it over and done with. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 15

You have 19 open projects.

You MUST try and get the clients to close the contract and leave feedback.

It looks like they are starting to crack down on people with a large number of open contracts ... finally!!!

You have a solid background so I'm not sure why the suspension.

Keep working on what you have and get feedback.

This is what they are telling you to do....unless you violated a serious ToS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 15

Essentially all your contracts will need to be ended before your account is eligible for review. I would suggest you contact clients to end the contracts, as no feedback from the client will negativey affect your job success rate which is already dangerously low.

But yes, essentially if the clients are unresponsive, and you want to get your account suspension reviewed,  you can end them yourself.

Highlighted
5 of 15

Thank you for giving me good suggestion. I have ended some contact but not all. Because i have some contract which some hourly contract is now running and some fixed contract is long term contract (they will give me work next week/month).

If i close some contract then it will be eligible for review ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 15

If i close some contract then it will be eligible for review ?

no, all (every single one) need to be closed before it can be reviewed.

Highlighted
7 of 15

I feel suffered to getting reply from "Upwork Mediation Team" .

First i did create a ticket (Request #5158224) about getting help from upwork support team. on November 13, 2015.  Support center answerd me very quickly (May be within 2 hours). I am very happy to getting response from upwork support team. Then upwork support member told me he pass it in suitable team who will do review this ticket then they will give you solution ASAP.!!

Ok. I was waiting. But after 12 days (24th Nov) i get a reply from "Heather-Upwork Mediation Team" = we have temporarily suspended your ability to be hired for new contracts.

But my ticket title was "Why upwork refund my balance to client ? "

Instead of this question i got suspended my account. So i think if we(Freelancer) ask any question about client then we will get BAMBOO from Upwork Mediation Team.

However,, I was agree with his term and condition. But after getting suspended i told him again why i did not get my actual answer from my ticket title ?  Already i gave him proof screenshot which he did wrong.

Asking time was Wednesday 25th Nov.  Today is 29th Nov. I did not get any reply from him "Heather-Upwork Mediation Team"

Already i have send message to upwork facebook team to get update about this ticket. They told me they will get back soon. soon.. sooon..

I do not know how many day is soon.. Very terrible experience..

So i create a thread here. Hope they will understand me how it's important me. I need to know how many days they need to give me reply ?

(to create a ticket against client i was getting temporary suspended, May be i will get permanently closed my account for create a thread against "Upwork Mediation Team" Oh.. ALLAH Help me.!!)

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 15

Hi Md. Sumon,

We are following up with the team regarding your account status.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
9 of 15

There is something really wrong with this on so many levels. 

Valeria. Is there now a mediate team in place who actually mediates? It doesn't sound like it from the bad experience this freelancer has had. Worse even than my situation.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
10 of 15

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Md. Sumon,

We are following up with the team regarding your account status.

Thank you for your patience.

In the mean time.....

Md. Sumon is being prohibited from earning on the platform.

Whatever the reason is really irrelevant. What is relevant is that this situation comes up far too often.

Account suspended - No worthwhile communication - Wait 1 month - Account reinstated - Still no idea of what the issue was.

Why is communication so poor once it comes to CS or The Team.

I dread the day my account generates a red flag. I'll be out of work for a month.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS