🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Test work"
Page options
magnussol
Community Member

"Test work"

Hey!I was just wondering about something. I have been asked to do a couple of jobs where they ask me to do "test" audio recording before they give med the full job. So no contract before i do this "test". Is this just a scam or is it normal?

Best regards

Magnus

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Magnus S wrote:

Hey!I was just wondering about something. I have been asked to do a couple of jobs where they ask me to do "test" audio recording before they give med the full job. So no contract before i do this "test". Is this just a scam or is it normal?

Best regards

Magnus

What kind of "Audio Recordings?"

In almost all cases, doing free tests is not recommended, and it is actually against the terms of services for the client to ask for free work. 

If it was a big job and the test samples were just to check your voice / accent and took minutes to create I might consider it, but any more than that should be a paid for contract.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Normally clients simply check out your portfolio. They have no reason to ask for unpaid "test work."

I agree with Petra's advice.

Might be some clients asking for this legitimately.... but the overwhelming majority are just scammers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members