cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "The Aussie Voice" is dead. Long live "UX/UI designer who is fond of colors and a

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 78

After the sad demise of the "Aussie voice" - meet the "UX/UI designer who is fond of colors and attractive designs and quiet"

All 500 of them... Rising Talents among them.

Already escalated to Trust & Safety as of a few minutes ago.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 78

Hi Petra,

Thanks for flagging these profiles, I'll also reach out to our team to make sure we address them asap and investigate further to check for any similar violations. Please feel free to send us a private message if you come across similar profiles, so we can check and confirm whether these are already on our radar and are being actioned. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 78

Vladimir G wrote:

I'll also reach out to our team to make sure we address them asap and investigate further to check for any similar violation

Thanks Vladimir!

Someone sure invested a hell of a lot of time creating 500 email accounts, find all the fake pictures, create all the profiles etc...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4 of 78

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Petra,

Thanks for flagging these profiles, I'll also reach out to our team to make sure we address them asap and investigate further to check for any similar violations. Please feel free to send us a private message if you come across similar profiles, so we can check and confirm whether these are already on our radar and are being actioned. 

And, perhaps, it is time, as someone said long ago, close Upwork for new profiles for a while, and do a deep cleaning before admitting anyone else.
And, of course, during this time, develop what both Preston and Petra comment.
This latest discovery of repeated profiles, with repeated photos, with names, portfolios, studies and others, false, I think it should be the straw that broke the glass.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 78
Vladimir G. wrote:

Hi Petra,

And yet, flags and pms I send about fraud profiles are ignored. It appears that as long as someone is making money, it doesn't matter about lies on their profiles.

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
6 of 78

What do you call it when there are 38 with the same photo?**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 78

Thank you for flagging this Jennifer,

I`ve already escalated it to our team to be investigated further. 

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 78

re: "What do you call it when there are 38 with the same photo?"

I call it a good reason to take the time to create an automatic algorithm that checks newly submitted profile photos against all existing photos... in order to flag fraudulent freelancer activity.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 78

Preston H wrote:

I call it a good reason to take the time to create an automatic algorithm that checks newly submitted profile photos against all existing photos... in order to flag fraudulent freelancer activity.

And do the same with text.

It can't be that difficult to develop some algorithm that detects hundreds and hundreds of identical overviews. Those are all 100% identical.

The Aussie voices were dozens. These are hundreds.

The other fun things is that they are all identical, same text, same country, same education, same portfolio, same everything, yet a decent proportion has Rising Talent status...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 78

Petra R wrote:

Preston H wrote:

And do the same with text.

It can't be that difficult to develop some algorithm that detects hundreds and hundreds of identical overviews. Those are all 100% identical.

The Aussie voices were dozens. These are hundreds.

The other fun things is that they are all identical, same text, same country, same education, same portfolio, same everything, yet a decent proportion has Rising Talent status...

I think it's high time Upwork gets rid of Rising Talent, or at least make sure it's a badge that is earned correctly - I have to believe the RT badge is also given by a flawed algorithm. Think of all the clients who use this as a requirement that are being duped.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS