Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This issue has been resolved...."

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 3

The new Upwork Status page https://status.upwork.com/ is a great enhancement; however, what about the problems that have NOT yet been "resolved." Hopefully, Upwork top-management has enough interest in site functionality and performance to follow through and ensure that all "significant" open issues are listed there as well.

I use the word "significant" because it is probably not practical to list all issues. Criteria for what represents a "significant" problem should be established. Obviously, the issues that appear and continue to reappear most in Community posts should be given top priority.

There should also be an option for Upwork to close an issue without resolution (e.g., "Closed Without Resolution"). Criteria should be established to define when that disposition of an issue would be appropriate. Also, that particular disposition should require approval of higher-level managers.

I have asked this before and never received an answer from Community Mods / Managers. What type of ticket system or similar system does Upwork use internally to track problems?

There should be a central, master repository of sorts to manage all "significant" issues. "Significant" issues documented in the member accessible Help & Support system should be transferred to the master repository and dealt with by higher level support personnel. That first line Help & Support system is obviously full of insignificant, often trivial issues and supported by lessor skilled individuals.

Ron aka LanWanMan
kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Thank you for your questions and feedback, Ron. For now the status page shows major issues that are affecting the whole marketplace (you can see a couple of such issues in Resolved tab currently). We do however, have plans to develop it further and include more information about the state of the system in the future.

As for internal processes, although I will not be able to share much here publicly, rest assured we have systems to track the reports of bugs and issues we receive from the users, connect them to common probems and tally the number of affected users. Additionally, our engineers have a system they use to keep track of and communicate about resolved, current and new issues.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
3 of 3
While more can be done, it is a step in the right direction.

And I must say that the Community was instrumental in the implementation of this "Status Page."
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS