🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "This job is no longer available" only af...
Page options
gsanchis
Community Member

"This job is no longer available" only after clicking "Submit a proposal"

Hello everybody,

I have come across something unusual, or at least something I had not seen before here at UpWork. Basically, I found a couple of jobs that looked interesting, and that in the description itself seem to still be available, but when I click the "Submit a proposal" button it says that the job is no longer available. However, upon reloading the job description page itself, it still says nothing about the job not being available.

Until today, I had come acorss that message, but typically on the job description page itself. However, this is not the case. It initially happened only with one job (and all that client's jobs), but now I have come across a second case.

First case I observed this behaviour:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

(and all other jobs posted by that same client)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Any reason why this is hapenning?

Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

German S wrote:

I have come across something unusual, or at least something I had not seen before here at UpWork.

It's a scam.
Same as the dropshipping nonsense the other day.

Look how the client hired a bunch with much lower profile rates for $ 250 an hour and one freelancer for $ 5 with glowing feedback.

Several jobs, all the same pattern. Someone's trying to turn a stolen / hacked card / account into cash.

MODS!!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

German S wrote:

I have come across something unusual, or at least something I had not seen before here at UpWork.

It's a scam.
Same as the dropshipping nonsense the other day.

Look how the client hired a bunch with much lower profile rates for $ 250 an hour and one freelancer for $ 5 with glowing feedback.

Several jobs, all the same pattern. Someone's trying to turn a stolen / hacked card / account into cash.

MODS!!!

gsanchis
Community Member

Thanks for your answer, Petra 🙂

Hmmm... well, that might be the case, although I do see quite some differences between the first link I posted and the second one. 

So what would drive this behaviour in the platform, technically? Perhaps UpWork cancelled the clients account, but the job post itself is still posted?

On another note, and just so I understand, I see the links I posted have been removed, but the only potential reason I could find potentially matching in the Commmunity Guidelines is this one

* Discussing or reposting deleted posts or warning letters or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered members.

Is this the case?

Thank you for reporting this German,

Just to confirm, I`ve already escalated the jobs to our team to investigate the clients further. If any violations are found proper action will be taken.

~ Goran
Upwork

I guess that means it was actually a scam.

Thanks to both.

Just to finish this thread, any info about why the links I posted were removed?

Best,

Germán

petra_r
Community Member

German S wrote:

Just to finish this thread, any info about why the links I posted were removed?

You are not allowed to post any links to any jobs or profiles other than your own (profile, not job)

petra_r
Community Member

German S wrote:

Thanks for your answer, Petra 🙂

Hmmm... well, that might be the case, although I do see quite some differences between the first link I posted and the second one. 

The second one you posted looks genuine.

The first, no way.

No genuine new client appears, and within a couple of days hires a whole bunch of people at massively inflated rates (up to 10 x their profile rate.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths