Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This job post is no longer available"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
1 of 70

Hi everyone, 

I don't know if I'm the only one who does this. But when I start working with a client, I like to see the details of previous jobs they have awarded us folks. I'm just like that.

However, for about a week now, I've noticed this message when I try accessing past jobs:

"This job post is no longer available"

Is this a new thing now? Are previous jobs removed from view?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 70

Hi Jeff,

This message is showing when the job posting is removed by the client.
If you think there is an issue going on on your end fell free to send me a PM with a couple of examples so that our team can investigate it further.

Untitled
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
3 of 70

Thanks, Goran. It was just weird as I had never come across it before.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
4 of 70

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Jeff,

This message is showing when the job posting is removed by the client.
If you think there is an issue going on on your end fell free to send me a PM with a couple of examples so that our team can investigate it further.

I don't think that's the case. I started noticing this as well and it seems to come up all the time now. I seriously doubt that clients all of a sudden start removing closed jobs on a large scale... it seems more like another attempt at hiding information. Bad move. 

ETA: In some cases, that change makes it impossible to look at a client's work history and past feedback. For instance, I am in contact with a client that ended up hiring another freelancer for a job I applied to some time ago. Due to the change, I can no longer view the original posting and since we are only messaging w/o them having posted a new job, there is no way for me to check out their feedback. 

Was that the intention? To make available to freelancers even less information about potential clients?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 70

Hi Ela,

Please save the job posting links and send them to me via PM(or another moderator) so that we can investigate this further, thank you!

Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
6 of 70

Goran,

It seems to happen in ca. 95% of all old job postings I click on (random jobs on client profiles in my job feed).

I am sure it will be very easy for the team to find some postings themselves. Seeing how many clients find even leaving feedback a hassle, there is no way that the vast majority suddenly started 'house cleaning' and removing closed jobs...

Community Guru
Angela L Member Since: Oct 20, 2009
7 of 70

I often refer back to job posts in order to get a clearer picture of a potential client, and I have recently started seeing the same thing.  Glad to see I am not the only one. I also have noticed that written feedback for clients is not showing, only stars. The only workaround I have found is if the previous contractor has a public profile I can then go to their profile, find the job, click on it and see what feedback they left.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 70

This certainly seems to be official Goran - so somebody is not keeping you in the loop.

Why does Upwork have to shroud a client in such complete secrecy and put up yet more obstacles to a good working environment for the freelancer? It is very useful to be able to look at the sort of jobs a client has posted in order to get an idea of how to shape a proposal, particularly if a job description is not very clear.

Uwais A Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
9 of 70

"It is very useful to be able to look at the sort of jobs a client has posted in order to get an idea of how to shape a proposal, particularly if a job description is not very clear."

I know this is off topic.

But can you please elaborate on this Nichola?

How exactly do you go about doing that?

Thank you!

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
10 of 70

@Uwais A wrote:

"It is very useful to be able to look at the sort of jobs a client has posted in order to get an idea of how to shape a proposal, particularly if a job description is not very clear."

I know this is off topic.

But can you please elaborate on this Nichola?

How exactly do you go about doing that?

Thank you!

At the bottom of a job post page, if a client has hired on Upwork before, there will be a list of their past projects and jobs in process. There's a heading, "Client's Work History and Feedback." Clients don't have profile pages, so this is the only way to see their past feedback, etc. 

The way the site is supposed to work, you should be able to click on any of those job titles and go to the original post for that job. However, there is a site-wide bug, as reported extensively in this thread, where you are taken to an error page instead of the job post. And yes, that functionality is still broken.

As an extremely cumbersome work-around, you can click on a freelancer who worked one of those past jobs, and search for the job in their work history. When you find it, clicking on the job title will bring up a feedback window, which also includes the original posted job description. However, the link from there to "see full job post" is also still broken.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS