Highlighted
Roxana I Member Since: Oct 14, 2017
41 of 70

Any news?! 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Pierre L Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
42 of 70

Apparently no news. There is still an issue as I see it. A mod said this is not by design but I don't believe it. She also said there are technical issue that engineers are working to fix ASAP.

I'm with Jess C on this and feel the same and am angry at changes that make freelancers' life harder. In short, Upwork, you suck.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sapna D Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
43 of 70

I also noticed this issue a while ago but, being newer to Upwork, didn't know whether this was just a new 'feature.'

To get around it, I've been using the same technique that a couple others mentioned--I click on a freelancer in a client's work history and read job info and feedback through that freelancer's profile. It's super annoying! I really hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
44 of 70

Upwork does not appear to be treating this "glitch" as a priority. Or it must be more than a glitch if it is proving so difficult to put right. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
45 of 70

Sigh. I had no idea this thread existed. So, we have 2 big threads about this and the other problem (feedback not showing).

Other thread is here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/is-it-a-bug-or-a-new-feature/m-p/457770#M279680

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
46 of 70

@Pandora H wrote:

Sigh. I had no idea this thread existed. So, we have 2 big threads about this and the other problem (feedback not showing).

Golly. Other thread is here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/is-it-a-bug-or-a-new-feature/m-p/457770#M279680

And still no actual information about a fix. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
47 of 70

Hi Jess and others affected by this bug. We understand your frustration and plan to have a fix rolled out to resolve these issues this week. We appreciate that you've bared with us. We have been escalating your feedback and frustrations to have this resolved as soon as possible. The team and I have been in constant communication with our engineers and are hoping we can get this pushed for you as soon as tomorrow, if not in the next couple days.  We will keep you updated if anything changes with this timeline. 

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
48 of 70

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Jess and others affected by this bug. We understand your frustration and plan to have a fix rolled out to resolve these issues this week. We appreciate that you've bared with us. We have been escalating your feedback and frustrations to have this resolved as soon as possible. The team and I have been in constant communication with our engineers and are hoping we can get this pushed for you as soon as tomorrow, if not in the next couple days.  We will keep you updated if anything changes with this timeline. 

Great, thank you!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
49 of 70

Hi, just thought I'd share my frustration here...

I have recently received an hourly offer from a client, so I checked the offer details and it seems that this client directly sent me an offer without posting a job, so, unfortunately, I am unable to view any of this clients work history or score...

I got in touch with Upwork support and they very kindly informed me that this particular client has posted several other jobs, but that because these have already been closed they cannot provide me a link to any page where I could read the feedback or check the score that my fellow freelancers left for her.

I find this extremely frustrating, as it seems that whilst the feedback that clients leave on my profile is out there available to everyone (it's pretty good, so no worries there, but still...) clients can hide their score and feedback by simply closing job postings. If trust in this whole system is based on feedback and scores how can it be that I am put in a position where I have to either accept a contract blindly (this client could well be a 1-star poor feedback client) or I have to decline the contract and ask the client to create a job posting so I can see their score and feedback, implying that I don't trust them and risking losing a job because of this total lack of transparency.

Am I missing something here or does it not make much sense?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
50 of 70

There is an ongoing issue with past job postings - clicking them brings up an error page. Read this thread for more info on the problem:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/quot-This-job-post-is-no-longer-available-quot/m-p/45327...

Moderators have promised us a fix very soon, but we're still waiting.

There's also a known issue of the lack of a way to see client details on a direct offer, for which the only workaround is the one you followed (contacting Support). But they may have been derailed by this other problem...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS