Did you mean: 

"This job post is no longer available"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
61 of 70

@Jess C wrote:

@Baris A wrote:

It seems to be solved. I tried with some of the samples I gave before and they work.

Great to hear. I'm still extremely frustrated with Upwork's lack of transparency, communication skills, and constant brush-off of major concerns over basic functionality of the site being BROKEN for weeks on end. But go to status.upwork.com and it shows "Operational" across the board at pretty much all times, and with no access to meaningful information when there IS something wrong. Beyond irritating.

(PS I like your new profile pic!)

: ( They made me change it after verification. Now everyone can enjoy my regulation passport picture.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
62 of 70

All,

I'd like to confirm that the fix for this issue was released yesterday. Now clients' past jobs should be accessible from the Work History unless the job was cancelled by Upwork due to ToS violation.

We appreciate your patience as this issue was getting fixed and once again apologize that it took longer than expected.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
63 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

All,

I'd like to confirm that the fix for this issue was released yesterday. Now clients' past jobs should be accessible from the Work History unless the job was cancelled by Upwork due to ToS violation.

We appreciate your patience as this issue was getting fixed and once again apologize that it took longer than expected.

Thank you for the update. I would still very much like an explanation of the lack of transparency with these issues, and lack of basic communication without hounding.

Why was this site-wide issue never added to status.upwork.com? Major functionality was missing for all freelancers. I've asked this question several times and no one has been willing to answer it. We deserve a better explanation, and better communication in general.

Highlighted
64 of 70

Jess,

Historically, we've reserved status.upwork.com to inform users about site outages that prevent them to log in or use the site completely as well as site-wide issues with payments or messaging. 

That said, we appreciate your feedback and will use it as we are working on improving our notification and communication processes. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
65 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Historically, we've reserved status.upwork.com to inform users about site outages that prevent them to log in or use the site completely as well as site-wide issues with payments or messaging. 

That said, we appreciate your feedback and will use it as we are working on improving our notification and communication processes. 

There is space down the side of that page to report issues exactly like this one, which was definitely site-wide. Third bullet down:

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 3.31.34 PM.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
66 of 70

@Jess C wrote:

There is space down the side of that page to report issues exactly like this one, which was definitely site-wide. Third bullet down:

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 3.31.34 PM.png

Also, while you're at it, the typos in the sixth and eighth bullets are rather embarassing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
67 of 70

Oh it was a bug?

I knew it!

Well, glad that's sorted.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
68 of 70

Hi Valeria,

Well, I do not know if the problem is really solved.

In several works that I have looked at today, I have found that "This job is no longer available" in the client's history list. Are all those who take me to that screen supposed to have been "erased" by Upwork?
And what about the jobs in which the link (is black, not green) has disappeared?

On the other hand, the trick I used to use (go to the profile of the freelancer who has done the work and search there), is not working well either.
In some cases, the link to the freelancer is not active, is it also been "deleted" by not following the TOS?

Well it seems that not because, in some jobs without a link (is black, not green), the freelancer link is active but, when trying to enter it says "This profile is no longer available".

I do not know if I have explained myself very well Smiley Sad

Highlighted
69 of 70

Hi Maria,

Just to clarify, if the title of the job in the Work History isn't clickable (isn't a green link), it means that the job was posted as Invite-Only job and has never been accessible publicly. That's working by design.

Could you please send me a private message with a link to a job posting where you get "This job post is no longer available" error when clicking a link? I'll check if those jobs were removed by Upwork team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
70 of 70

Thanks Valeria,
If I find any of those messages again, I'll send it to you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS