Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This job post is no longer available"

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
11 of 70

@Angela L wrote:

I often refer back to job posts in order to get a clearer picture of a potential client, and I have recently started seeing the same thing.  Glad to see I am not the only one. I also have noticed that written feedback for clients is not showing, only stars. The only workaround I have found is if the previous contractor has a public profile I can then go to their profile, find the job, click on it and see what feedback they left.

That is what I have been doing - and it's completely ridiculous! This is supposed to be a professional working environment. The response to the emergence of more and more sophisticated scammers is to provide them with an "invisibility cloak"? We're supposed to do our due diligence and choose clients carefully - well, how exactly am I to do that if their work history & feedback is off limits?

Mukhtiar S Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
12 of 70

Hi

Please see the following link which shows "This job is no longer available" when click on the "View job posting" and it shows nothing when I open it from proposals.

Actual Job posted by client

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Proposal by me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I want to know that if the job is closed by client, then my used connects will be returned back or not?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
13 of 70

Hi Mukhtiar,

The job posting is not closed and your proposal is still active.

Regarding refunding connects, connects will be refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
14 of 70

Any new information about this issue?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 70

Isn't it odd, that when a thread like this crops up, the moderators remain remarkably quiet, and the one moderator who did bother to reply, obviously hasn't any idea that this is a new feature.

I wonder what Upwork really thinks about its freelancers? I realize to the business that we are probably just an  expendable commodity. When one goes, another pops up. However, I would have thought that in the long term, this would be a false economy, but it would seem that with this latest move, much like the new graphic for profiles set to private, there really is no light at the end of the tunnel. An incentive killer if ever there was one.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 70

Hi Nichola, Ela, Baris.

We have a known issue about the written feedback not showing on closed contract in the feedback section on the job posting.
John has posted that he`s seeing "This job posting is no longer available" when he`s trying to access a past job. This text is showing when a job posting is closed.

If someone is experiencing the same problem on more than one contract please send me a PM with links to the job postings (contracts) so that our team can investigate them further.

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
17 of 70

If a job post is closed because there is no hire that is one thing, but when one tries to see clients' previous jobs, they should be visible whether they are closed or not. Before, there was a notice saying the job was either closed or no longer available, but you could still see the job. I do not see why this should be secret.

[Another feature that has disappeared is the blue notice informing us that  a job has been posted by a previous client.]

Community Guru
18 of 70

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Community Guru
19 of 70

ANOTHER EXAMPLE:

This is the first job on my job feed. I go down to see the clients work history:

01.jpg

When I click the jobs that are not private which are marked with red. I get the "this job is not available" screen.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 70

Hi All,

We are checking with the team regarding two issues brought up on this thread - missing feedback comments and errors when accessing past jobs. The former one is a known bug. We will post an update about the latter one once we have more information.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS