Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

"This job post is no longer available"

Active Member
Vova P Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
21 of 70

Last year everything was ok, but this Your updates.
The same situation. It's not good.

Active Member
Kat P Member Since: Apr 1, 2017
22 of 70

Hi, Valeria. I'm interested in both issues you mentioned and hoped to find answers here because the tab says "Solved" before the title of the thread.

 

But I looked on both pages of this thread and saw no solution. Could you check on this error too please? Thanks!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
23 of 70

@Kat P wrote:

Hi, Valeria. I'm interested in both issues you mentioned and hoped to find answers here because the tab says "Solved" before the title of the thread.

 

But I looked on both pages of this thread and saw no solution. Could you check on this error too please? Thanks!


 _______________________

Whatever the mods say,  freelancers can no longer view the jobs that a client has (or had)  in his or her history. It is not possible either to view freelancer comments about clients. So it is very difficult to get any idea about a client when sending a proposal - and it also makes a very attractive playground for  scammers.

Moderator
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
24 of 70

Kat, Nichola, Jess and others,

 

I'd like to confirm that freelancer feedback and links to job postings missing from clients' Work Histories isn't by design. These are technical issues that our engineers are working to fix as soon as possible. We do understand that these issues affect freelacers' decision to apply or not to apply for a job and, therefore, high priority has already been assigned to this issues.

 

We appreciate your patience . 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
25 of 70

Since this is not by design I wanted to share another instance of this problem:

 

This is a job I applied 1 day ago. Which is EXPIRED now. In my knowledge jobs don't expire before 3 months of non-activity. So that should be CANCELLED by the client or UpWork. I think this should be another mistake however some freelancers might think of this as a conspiracy to eat up their connects. (My connects for this application are returned, so no worries)

01.jpg

We can see job details from this page. However when we click "view job posting" link. We see the following "this job is no longer available" page.

02.jpg

 

The suitcase has a green stop sign in this. While you are at it maybe you can also change suitcase to be behind bars like the "private profile" icon so that all icons have the same look and feel:
behind-bars.jpg         ---->       behind-bars2.jpg      ---->  maintenance.jpg

 

 

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
26 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

Kat, Nichola, Jess and others,

 

I'd like to confirm that freelancer feedback and links to job postings missing from clients' Work Histories isn't by design. These are technical issues that our engineers are working to fix as soon as possible. We do understand that these issues affect freelacers' decision to apply or not to apply for a job and, therefore, high priority has already been assigned to this issues.

 

We appreciate your patience . 


I have no patience left for these kinds of errors.

 

I can't apply to jobs, AT ALL, until this is fixed. When there's no way to look at the details of a client's history, why would I waste connects?

 

This is money directly out of Upwork's pocket, but you "appreciate our patience."

 

When will it be fixed?

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
27 of 70
@Valeria wrote:

Kat, Nichola, Jess and others,

 

I'd like to confirm that freelancer feedback and links to job postings missing from clients' Work Histories isn't by design. These are technical issues that our engineers are working to fix as soon as possible. We do understand that these issues affect freelacers' decision to apply or not to apply for a job and, therefore, high priority has already been assigned to this issues.

 

We appreciate your patience . 


Additionally, other moderators are still posting in other threads that "this is working by design." Do you talk to each other at all?!

 

See: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Archived-Proposals/m-p/454960/highlight/true#M277932

Moderator
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 70

Jess,

 

Please, refer to my reply to your post on that thread.  

 

A fix for the bug discussed on this thread has already been developed and will be implemented in the next update.

 

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
29 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

 

Please, refer to my reply to your post on that thread.  

 

A fix for the bug discussed on this thread has already been developed and will be implemented in the next update.

 

Thank you.


When is the next update? 

Moderator
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
30 of 70

Jess,

 

We can't share the exact schedule our engineering follows here in the Community.

 

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS