Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This job post is no longer available"

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
31 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

We can't share the exact schedule our engineering follows here in the Community.

Thank you.

So a major bug that prevents freelancers from applying to jobs will be fixed.... sometime? Great business plan y'all have there. 

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
32 of 70

I don't know if this has now been fixed, and I'm not trying to stir the pot, but as a client I can see both my own past job postings and also the job posts on for example Baris' profile that he said he couldn't see.

Community Guru
33 of 70

@Jennifer D wrote:

I don't know if this has now been fixed, and I'm not trying to stir the pot, but as a client I can see both my own past job postings and also the job posts on for example Baris' profile that he said he couldn't see.

I'm not seeing any change as of yet, also using Baris' examples. I can see the job posts from my OWN profile, but not from posts in the job search feed or other freelancers' profiles. Jobs on my archived proposals tab are hit and miss - if I can see the actual job post, I can't see the text of any feedback on the client history at the bottom.

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
34 of 70

@Jennifer D wrote:

I still can't see the examples I gave. Maybe I should raise hell. Or not. Nothing ever works...

Community Guru
35 of 70

@Baris A wrote:

@Jennifer D wrote:

I still can't see the examples I gave. Maybe I should raise hell. Or not. Nothing ever works...

Since Jennifer is using her client account, it of course makes sense that she has full functionality available. Clients rule, freelancers drool, doncha know!

Community Guru
36 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

A fix for the bug discussed on this thread has already been developed and will be implemented in the next update.

Thank you.

Why has this fix not yet been  implemented, nor any further updates offered on the progress of fixing a major, site-wide issue?

Why is there no notice posted on status.upwork.com to indicate that this very BASIC functionality is STILL not available for freelancers? The site is not "operational" if we can't bring up old job posts.

In short, if this is a priority for Upwork, we are seeing no evidence of that.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
37 of 70

I'm getting so bloody tired of spending up to 1 hour to send a single fracking bid. Between having to document (manually record) data that will be too hard too find in 2-3 days, printing some data so I can have it on hand if rushed, as well as my usual process to track and record my bids, this is just nuts.

Community Guru
38 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

Kat, Nichola, Jess and others,

I'd like to confirm that freelancer feedback and links to job postings missing from clients' Work Histories isn't by design. These are technical issues that our engineers are working to fix as soon as possible. We do understand that these issues affect freelacers' decision to apply or not to apply for a job and, therefore, high priority has already been assigned to this issues.

We appreciate your patience . 

We need an update on what "as soon as possible" actually means. The problem persists and is hampering my ability to find new clients. Given the extremely high ratio of garbage job posts to real opportunities recently, this issue makes Upwork less and less attractive as each day goes by, and I'm exploring other options more seriously.

Community Guru
39 of 70

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

We are checking with the team regarding two issues brought up on this thread - missing feedback comments and errors when accessing past jobs. The former one is a known bug. We will post an update about the latter one once we have more information.

Thank you.

I am seeing the exact same behavior documented by Baris, and it also extends to any jobs a client has in progress - this is really unacceptable, as is the response of the moderators in this thread to deny that there's a problem. I will not apply to a job if I can't evaluate a client's feedback and work in progress.

That this kind of "shielding" surrounds clients while freelancers have their physical locations mapped without permission, and full earnings history fully public unless we PAY to have it hidden speaks volumes as to who is valued on this platform and who is not.

Perminder J Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
40 of 70

Hi, 

Any update on this matter? We are still not able to see the previous job post. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS