Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

"This job post is no longer available"

Ace Contributor
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
51 of 70

Thanks Jess,

I guess we'll have to wait and see... If this really is as they say "a bug" it is a monster-size one, and I can't understand how this hasn't been fixed for weeks... I had also noticed that the feedback I left for my clients wasn't showing, I hope this really is a bug and that we will see some progress soon, as the feeling I have is that Upwork is shielding it's clients more and more, to the point where I'm having to completely put a halt on any new contracts.

I can't see how this is beneficial for Upwork, as the result is that I'm spending that time looking for jobs via other websites,  but then again I guess there's too many of us for them to really care, as the saying goes: Clients rule, freelancers drool.

Sad times.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
52 of 70

@Kevin C. N wrote:

Thanks Jess,

I guess we'll have to wait and see... If this really is as they say "a bug" it is a monster-size one, and I can't understand how this hasn't been fixed for weeks... I had also noticed that the feedback I left for my clients wasn't showing, I hope this really is a bug and that we will see some progress soon, as the feeling I have is that Upwork is shielding it's clients more and more, to the point where I'm having to completely put a halt on any new contracts.

I can't see how this is beneficial for Upwork, as the result is that I'm spending that time looking for jobs via other websites,  but then again I guess there's too many of us for them to really care, as the saying goes: Clients rule, freelancers drool.

Sad times.


Agreed! I'm somewhat willing to engage with clients who are new to the platform, but for clients with reviews, I really do need to be able to see their job history. For all of Upwork's claims to want to protect freelancers from fraud and other unsavory circumstances, their treatment of this major, site-wide lack of functionality speaks volumes. 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
53 of 70

Hi everyone,

 

Again, thanks for your patience. The issue with freelancer feedback not displaying on a client's job post was resolved yesterday. However, the issue with accessing links to clients' previous jobs is not yet resolved. Engineers were hoping to have the fix pushed this week but there has been a delay with the fix. The updated timeframe is now next week, with the urgency of pushing as soon as possible. We will keep you informed of any updates. 

 

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
54 of 70

@Lena E wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

Again, thanks for your patience. The issue with freelancer feedback not displaying on a client's job post was resolved yesterday. However, the issue with accessing links to clients' previous jobs is not yet resolved. Engineers were hoping to have the fix pushed this week but there has been a delay with the fix. The updated timeframe is now next week, with the urgency of pushing as soon as possible. We will keep you informed of any updates. 

 

-Lena


 Thanks Lena! We know you Moderators get the short end of the stick, but for goodness sakes, it's really hard for us to understand why these really broken aspects of the site do not get quicker resolution. 

 

I play a pretty high profile MMO game, and if the devs break something in the game (which I dare to say is as equally complex as UW), they get on it and fix it within 2 days. UW is a much bigger company with more users, and I get that, but sheesh!

 

 

Ace Contributor
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
55 of 70

I might be stating the obvious here, and I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere, but would life not be much easier for everyone if UW had client's work history be visible to freelancer's they send offers to?

This way us freelancers would not be put in a position where we have to tell someone we will not be accepting their job offer unless they post a job as this is the only way to check their feedback, thus implying that we don't trust them. I know there's ways to smooth-talk this, and that in any case it should be seen as something normal, but it's easy to see that some clients will take offence, and so the freelancer risks losing a job because UW won't readily provide access to client info.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
56 of 70

@Kevin C. N wrote:

I might be stating the obvious here, and I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere, but would life not be much easier for everyone if UW had client's work history be visible to freelancer's they send offers to?

This way us freelancers would not be put in a position where we have to tell someone we will not be accepting their job offer unless they post a job as this is the only way to check their feedback, thus implying that we don't trust them. I know there's ways to smooth-talk this, and that in any case it should be seen as something normal, but it's easy to see that some clients will take offence, and so the freelancer risks losing a job because UW won't readily provide access to client info.


Yes, that is the whole point - we are SUPPOSED to be able to see this information, and look at old job postings, and we have been able to in the past. That functionality is currently broken with a fix "on the way," but we've been waiting several weeks now.

Ace Contributor
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
57 of 70

Any progress?

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
58 of 70

@Lena E wrote:

Hi everyone,

 

Again, thanks for your patience. The issue with freelancer feedback not displaying on a client's job post was resolved yesterday. However, the issue with accessing links to clients' previous jobs is not yet resolved. Engineers were hoping to have the fix pushed this week but there has been a delay with the fix. The updated timeframe is now next week, with the urgency of pushing as soon as possible. We will keep you informed of any updates. 

 

-Lena


This seems to be working intermittently now, but you've given us no official update. Has a fix actually been rolled out? Or am I just lucky today?

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
59 of 70

It seems to be solved. I tried with some of the samples I gave before and they work.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
60 of 70

@Baris A wrote:

It seems to be solved. I tried with some of the samples I gave before and they work.


Great to hear. I'm still extremely frustrated with Upwork's lack of transparency, communication skills, and constant brush-off of major concerns over basic functionality of the site being BROKEN for weeks on end. But go to status.upwork.com and it shows "Operational" across the board at pretty much all times, and with no access to meaningful information when there IS something wrong. Beyond irritating.

 

(PS I like your new profile pic!)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS