Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Top Rated"

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
21 of 46

I am wondering how someone with a fake profile pic and 3 feedbacks out of 8 jobs can have 100% and 5 stars? Albeit the feedback I did see was good I thought no feedback went into the scores on determining? Makes one feel less and less special seeing some who have the top rated on their profiles.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
22 of 46

Suzanne,

Maybe the best one can say about 'Job Success' is that it's a work in progress.

Gabriel D Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
23 of 46

Same thing happens with clients, there ara lots of 5 star clients with most of jobs without any feed back at all (mostly because those clients does not bother themselves in giving feedback to freelancers).

khemiri_mohamed
Ace Contributor
Khemiri M Member Since: Jul 23, 2014
24 of 46

Hello priston,

I know that you are within the highly ranked staff in odesk, but i i find yesterday that they suspend my account eventhough i am within top freelancer in odesk and they hold my money for all 10 jobs i made telling me that i was using auto clicker but i didn't do that, can you explain to me please if this will make my 1500$ unreachable Smiley Sad

rahatur
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
25 of 46

One of the benefits of being a “Exclusive job invitations from our in-house recruiters”.
The question is if my profile is private will I still get the invitations from the in-house recruiters?

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
26 of 46

Yes, Rahatur. If you're Top Rated, you'll be able to take advantage of the benefits, regardless of whether you're private or public.

sunworld67
Tracy M Member Since: Aug 28, 2013
27 of 46

For me, this is almost the final nail in the coffin as far as wanting to work through oDesk goes.

I have a rating of 4.98 over almost 70 jobs, only receiving less than five scores from possibly four or five clients, with the lowest ever a 4.30. I have never been in any trouble, never had a client complain about me, and reply to all correspondence within 12 hours. Yet, only have an overall rating of 88%.

So, either clients are pretending they are entirely happy with my services (as their comments would suggest), or they are just being kind to my face, and stabbing me royally in the back. It just doesn't add up.

It absolutely grates on me that in the 18 months I have been with oDesk, during which time I have worked tirelessly to satisfy clients, I am almost worthy of being "top rated" (yes, it actually says that on my stats page).

I assume not having the "top rated" banner will seriously affect people wanting to hire me, and that just sucks.

So, as I said, I think it's almost time to say goodbye! Such as shame Smiley Sad

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
28 of 46

It does go up again though, mine went from 89% to 91% in two weeks by completing lots of jobs in a small space of time.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
29 of 46

We certainly hope that's not the case Tracy. Your 88% Job Success and 4.98 Feedback average speak to good experiences you're creating for clients. It looks like you're on the cusp of qualifying for Top Rated. I'm confident if you continue delivering these results for your clients, you're going to achieve Top Rated soon.  

sunworld67
Tracy M Member Since: Aug 28, 2013
30 of 46

You're kind of missing my point, Garnor.

I shouldn't be "just on the cusp" of anything. I have already put in the hard word to achieve, and attain, my 4.98 feedback score, and shouldn't have to go an extra mile just to get up to some new-fangled target pulled out of the hat by oDesk!

I just find it difficult to understand how there is such a discrepancy between what clients are publically saying about my work, and the private feedback given, which apparently only rates me as only 85%!

I am sure that had I received a top rated banner, I would be looking at this very differently. However, as it stands, it is very off-putting and demoralising for someone that has always worked dilligently, and who believed, until recently, that they were very successful!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS