Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Top Rated"

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
31 of 46

I'm on the 8th page in search results (varies between 8th, 11th, 13th, depending on hourly rate I set). In front of me are people who don't even work with presentations. Badge doesn't mean much if I'm pushed far back in search results. What invites I'm supposed to get if no one ever sees me? 

Thanks anyway... for the chat support I already had.

John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
32 of 46

It seems clear that this is currently a poorly-designed metric. The net result of this, of course, is that clients are going to come not to trust it.

This will have one of two effects on any given client, by my reckoning:

1/ Clients will realise that "Top Rated" is not finding them good workers, and will ignore it, and do their own digging through the data - I suspect this will not be the majority.

2/ Clients will come to the conclusion that oDesk doesn't have enough good quality contractors, if their Top Rated ones are so erratic.

The only upside here, I think, is that that outcome is clearly bad for oDesk as a business, so they're probably motivated to fix it. But it looks like everyone's going to have to live with it for a while.

khemiri_mohamed
Ace Contributor
Khemiri M Member Since: Jul 23, 2014
33 of 46

yes that's true

sunworld67
Tracy M Member Since: Aug 28, 2013
34 of 46

You are absolutely right, John. I hadn't thought of it like that.

jijogeorge
Ace Contributor
JIJO g Member Since: May 28, 2009
35 of 46

Hey guys...Is there TOP RATE BADGET started to appear in anyone's profile ?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
37 of 46

I have top-rated badge but I do not know in which percentage I am? Do you know?

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
38 of 46

Yeah, I also got top-rate badge but do not know I am in top 10% or top in which phase I am?

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
39 of 46

A month after everyone else, my top rated badge has finally arrived. Time to buy myself a shovel to deal with all the piles of money I'll be making from all those lucrative in-house offers and unsolicited invitations! Bet it's like having an American Express black card; only better, as strangers can see it! A couple more years, I reckon, then time to retire and spend the rest of my in the most decadent of luxury!

zemila
Ace Contributor
Zemila M Member Since: Mar 28, 2014
40 of 46

I was top rated one whole week this is ridicules. I have 17 jobs finished and 3 in progress my feedback is 4.97 and I have more then 1500 hours on oDesk, also my earnings are more then 1000 USD- per month in the last 12 months. Its ridiculous because I had a contract and I was top rated but the same week we decided to end it and I am 100% sure my client was satisfied like he left me a 5.00 feedback I worked more then 6 months for him and he never had any issues with me and as soon I quit this job a got a new contract with a new client so why is my success rate now 88% I really don't get it. 

And one more question I am confused, when I am applying I am always checking like every serious freelancer the past jobs and freelancer ratings about the client and I get very angry and avoid to apply to jobs when I see that a freelancer worked more then 500 hours for a client and he leaves him a comment "good job" but gives the freelancer 1-3 star rating, I mean if he didn't do his job well why didn't you end the contract sooner? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS