🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: HELP! "TypeError: Cannot read property 's...
Page options
cameron-werth
Community Member

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'group' of undefined"

Hi there, I see this is a common error for people. As everyone says to "try a different web browser, clear your cookies, etc.". Unfortunately this is not working for me, still. I have the same issues of not being able to post new pictures and other stuff, etc. Is there a fix for this yet?

Thanks

77 REPLIES 77
sara_tsompanidi
Community Member

Hi everyone! 

Does anybody hava any idea about what does "TypeError: Cannot read property 'skillUid' of undefined" mean? I'm trying to update my portfolio, and when I click update this message appears. 

Thanks!

Hi Sara,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I did as suggested, but the issue persists. 

Hi Sara, 

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Everyone,

I am facing the same error every time I try to update my portfolio. I have tried changing browser and clearing cache but the problem persists.

Here is the screenshot. 

Can anyone tell me some other solution?

Hi Arsalan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bill_schreiber
Community Member

I'm trying to add a simple .jpg picture to an existing project template. I get this error message: 

TypeError: Cannot read property 'uid' of undefined. 

What do I do now? 

I've been having the same problem - any insight into whatever you did to solve this? 

Thanks a lot!

Spent days and days and headaches and headaches working with Tech Support until they figured it out. They'll tell you to clear your browser cache and try again. If that' doesn't work, try another browser. If that doesn't work... the Tech Support headaches start. Wish I could help more. 

Hi Stew,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please consider following up on your ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

1st January of 2020 SAME PROBLEM HERE -_- I tried everything even logging in and out.

FIX: DELETE portfolio item, and re upload it FAST click through the ''next'' and ''save''steps as FAST as you can and it will be saved

Hi William,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists and please share the screenshot of the error message your seeing.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Noureldin,

Thank you for following up and providing additional information. I'll share your account information with our team so that they can reach out to you directly via a support ticket and keep you updated regarding this issue.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've tried the fixes suggested -- clear cache and cookies and reloading -- and I continued to get the same error message everyone is posting about. 

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists, William.

A member of our team will reach out to you directly and further assist you with this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am told by support I have a "known bug" that is preventing me from changing anything in my portfolio. I can make changes but hen choosing publish I get various error messages. I was able to update it easlily until the problem started last week. My associate who is also a freelancer here on Upwork is able to edit her portfolio. She then checked my profile on her PC and Mac. The problem is not my browser (I was instructed clear cache and cookies from the browser, use different browser and clear cookies with an Upwork url, all of  which I did . I have now been waiting 5 days with no answers. Being  told to "wait" because this is a known bug. Anyone else experiencing this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will keep you updated regarding this issue directly via your support ticket.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
upjoey
Community Member

Hello,

It has now been 7 days since the problem was  reported by me, and 11 days since this problem started. The information in my portfolio effects me directly if there is incorrect text, for example. What can be done to permit me to change my portfolio contents other than waiting for this bug to be addressed patiently for 11 days?

We're all in the same boat here, unable to edit our portfolios with key updates and dealing with the totally unresponsive UpWork team. This is completely unacceptable.

Their lack of information/transparency is becoming increasingly concerning: is this the result of a server hack, and they're still trying to figure out what's wrong? And is our banking information at risk?

What is happening, UpWork?

TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined

Hello,
This message appears when I'm trying to update my portfolio.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Hi Islam,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm experiencing the same thing. Have been told by tech support it's a known issue. 

I'm receiving these exact same responses from the site.

Yes. Did this. Same result.

Hello everyone trying to add details to a project and getting an error message. Here is my latest from UpWork "Team." I hope someone is having better luck getting a response...

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I still hear crickets.... Sterling service!  Bueller...? Bueller...?

Hi WIlliam, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please know that this is on the team's priority list, and they are working to resolve the issue. If we have any updates, we will get in touch with you through your support ticket, or through this Community Post with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cameron, 

Could you please share more information about your concern so that I can assist you. Where are you trying to post new pictures, and where are you getting these errors?

~ Avery
Upwork

I was getting the same error message and decided to delete my portfolio and start new. I began a new Portfolio, and as soon as I got to the Add Details page, the error ("TypeError: Cannot read property 'group' of undefined") showed up again. I've attached a screenshot of it. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Margaret,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and further assist you with this issue. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f1cba156
Community Member

I am also having this issue 

Hi Bryce,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
shan_madu
Community Member

Hello,

I was trying to edit a project in the portfolio. Now I cannot publish it. It throws 500 internal server error. Also, It gave me a TypeError, too.
"Cannot read property 'skillUid' undefined."

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maduka, 

Could you please confirm if the issue persists when you try to clear your cookies or use a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork
shan_madu
Community Member

No. Still not working. I tried with different browser and also tried after clean cookies.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cameron, and Maduka, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I have the same error. Tried different browsers and cleaned cookies but still can't update my portfolio. 

Hi Olga,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same error and have already tried cleaning cookies but without any results in renewing my portfolio pictures.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Igor.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths