🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "TypeError: Cannot read property 'group' of u...
Page options
cameron-werth
Community Member

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'group' of undefined"

Hi there, I see this is a common error for people. As everyone says to "try a different web browser, clear your cookies, etc.". Unfortunately this is not working for me, still. I have the same issues of not being able to post new pictures and other stuff, etc. Is there a fix for this yet?

Thanks

77 REPLIES 77

Hi
Same problem

Hi Oleksandr,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need to file a support ticket for this as well.

Hi Max, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
petigor
Community Member

Hello,
The same problem.
"TypeError: Cannot read property 'group' of undefined" occurred while adding images to the portfolio. 
I tried cleaning cookies and different browser, but the problem persists.
Thanks
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Igor,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Still having this issue two and a half weeks later, and no support ticket has been filed. 

Please assist. 

Hi Max, 

I'm sorry for the oversight. I have followed up again with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
edita_re
Community Member

Hi there UpWork team,

I will be very thankful if you could help me as soon as possible.

I try to update the info on my portfolio and now can't publish. It's said "TypeError: Cannot read property 'skillUid' of undefined". (Screenshot attached)

Many thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Edita,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket and further assist you with this issue. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
nidimoser
Community Member

TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined error when uploading a 300kb .png file to my portfolio, Ive tried to clear cookies and cache but it does not help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicole,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tejama
Community Member

I have the exact same problem, but my error is TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined.

Please help.

Hi Mateja,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dallhouse
Community Member

When I attempt to upload an image to a portfolio project, I receive the following error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined

I have attempted the following solutions: different browser; clear cache; incognito mode (each browser); multiple files and file types (png, jpg). However, nothing works.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused to you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e494d900
Community Member

I'm experiencing this same problem. This question thread is literally zero help, moderators are only replying with canned messages saying someone will reach out to you. 

*Update*

Hey reader, I hope this helps! Check the resolution of your file you are trying to upload. My thought is that the code of the site only supports files up to a certain resoultion. For example, I had the error trying to upload a Hi Res image (resolution 728x728). When using the same image at the resolution 100x100 I had no problems and it uploaded fine. 

Best wishes! 

Cheers

Hey Chazz - do you mean 1000x1000 pixels? 100x100 pixels is barely a small icon size

I get a message something about an "n=undefined" or soemthing and "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.", after uploading a big project on my portfolio, several photos and long description.

I have to say, was a terrible experience - had to reexport each image to fit the uploader ratio, can't even upload videos (a lot of my work is videos). And then two days later when I'm finally done, it gives me this annoying message.

I thought Upwork was a legit platform but it really feels wonky and unreliable.

Hi Guy,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

i have same problem friend

Hi Joko,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
457cc1ef
Community Member

Spoiler

Unfortunately, i have a simular issue when adding an image to a portfolio item. Please, find the screenshot of the issue below. I tried using different browsers and clearing cookies, nothing helped.

Hi Dmytro,

Could you try clearing your cache and cookies or adding your portfolio item from another browser? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the reply!

I have done all of it, nothing helped. Could this be because i  registered just yesterday and have some sort of restriction for some time? Though i have managed to upload one portfolio item.

Hi Dmytro,

Just to confirm that you don't have any restrictions. Rest assured, our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your portfolio items. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I do have the same problem, but this error appears only with the images that I am exporting from photoshop somehow.

Hi Laurentiu,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, thanks for reply. I found a solution to this issue of mine. It was only
happening when I try to update portfolio but haven't appeared as soon as I
recreated my portfolio.

I had this problem too but found changing the image to a lower resolution worked. 

shiro_hotaru
Community Member

I have tried 3 different Broswers, Cleared Cache and Cookies. Still getting this evertime i try to update my profile, help!

Hi Scarlet,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this issue. You can access your tickets on this page. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Also experiencing this same problem, I have tried clearing the cache and using different browsers but to no effect. 

Hi James,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
65f1a478
Community Member

Hi, I keep getting this notification:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined

when trying to upload images into my portfolio. I tried clearing cache, cookies and change the browser, an nothing helped. What do I do?

Thanks

Alicja

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alicja,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, Bojan.

I have the same problem. Help me please to find sollution.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members