cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"U.S. only" in job feed - how to get rid of it?

leeannmerrill
Community Leader
Lee Ann M Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
1 of 17

somehow "U.S. only" showed up in my job feed.  I don't know how to get rid of it, and every time I do a search it's showing U.S. only jobs.  If I turn it off, it turns itself back on (times a million...then I saw it in my job feed).  Does anyone know to make it go away?

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 17

There's no need to post the same question twice.

Re job feed - you don't have to click on the "USA only" icon - it's there for those who want to search using that parameter. Your regular job feed is still there.

leeannmerrill
Community Leader
3 of 17

sorry, posting twice was an accident.  I did not show post going thru first time.

I know I don't have to click the U.S. only.  What I'm saying is - even if I don't click (i.e. activate) it, it shows up as a filter in any job search I do, per below, and if I turn it off it turns back on immediately.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 17

I'm not having that issue - I have about 7 different job searches saved, and they are all showing up.

Do you have saved job searched in your feed?

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 17

I know that doesn't solve your issue: but non-US freelancers are getting job recommendations that include US-only jobs that they then cannot access & apply to.

Meaning: your job pool is a lot bigger than that of non-US residents - that is, unless you're ONLY shown US-only jobs. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 17

Hi Ela,

The issue with US-only jobs showing in the recommended jobs email has been brought up earlier today and we're making sure the issue is being worked on.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
leeannmerrill
Community Leader
7 of 17

I am only shown U.S. jobs - that's the problem.  And when I "turn off" the filter it pops right back up.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
8 of 17

Yes, several of us have reported the "stuck on US" glitch. If you turn it off and refresh or click on a job and go back, the filter again defaults to US only. OP, you can save jobs that you are interested in (while doing your search with US jobs option off). Then go look at them individually in your saved jobs file. Otherwise, I think it is a known glitch waiting for a fix. 

leeannmerrill
Community Leader
9 of 17

groovy, thanks for the update!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 17

Lee Ann,

At this time there isn’t a way to change the default. This toggle is a new feature, designed to make the location filter easier to find and to turn on and off. We welcome feedback on this new design, and I’ll be sure to relay your comments to the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS