🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Update Address" error
Page options
mikan425
Community Member

"Update Address" error

I tried to submit my proposal for a project but "To submit a proposal, update your address" error showed up and I could not able to submit my proposal. Even after I updated my address, I still see the error message and I am not able to submit proposal.

Please give me advice.

13 REPLIES 13
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiromi, 

This usually happens when the City field in your address is not filled-in. When you edit your address, please make sure that the City field is filled-in with your location's city. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
mikan425
Community Member

Hello,

As you wrote, I made sure the filed of city was filled, however the same error message showed up and I am not able to
submit my proposal.

Thank you.

Hiromi Sogo

Hi Hiromi,

I checked and it seems that the other parts of your Location section are still missing. Please go to Settings > Contact info and under the Location, fill out the missing fields. If you are having any trouble submitting the information, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.1

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I tried to fill all fields but I was unable to do that.
I took a print shot and explained. Please see the attached image.

Although, I updated my profile photo, cleared cash and used different browser,
 I still not able to submit my proposal.

I am having very hard time for this entire process.

Could you fill my information (address) on your side?

One more question.
I have already 2 profiles; Medical 3D animation and Translation (English Japanese).
I wanted to add my Medical Illustration profile. But the "Medical 3D animation" profile doesn't allow me add other software skills,such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

How can I add "Medical Illustration" profile?

Thank you very much.

Hi Hiromi, 

Sorry to hear that it was still not working from your end. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. 

As for your other concern, are you referring to adding skills or adding another profile for a different skill? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mikan425
Community Member

I just finished my very first work through Upwork yesterday (English Japanese translation).
I sent message to my client with the attachment of my work (Word document and PDF) .
I asked her confirmation but she stopped communicating with me.
How do I know if she approved my work or if she even received my work?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiromi, 

I checked your account, and I'm sorry to confirm but it doesn't look like you have a contract with your client. We always recommend for freelancers not to start working on a project unless the client sent an offer through Upwork (this will show in your Messages page), you accepted the offer, the contract is showing in your My Jobs page, and the client's billing method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
mikan425
Community Member

I will read it, but what happens the work I did?
I sent her my work through the message which the client and I exchanged several messages.
I did what she requested.
Did she receive my work ? You wrote that I didn't have a contract, does it mean I don't get paid for what I done? I won't compensated for my work and time I spent?
My client will get away without paying?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to confirm that it is very unlikely that you will be paid for this work, Hiromi. Since you didn't have a contract with the client, you do not qualify for Upwork's Payment Protection Program. Unless the client comes back, and sends you an offer, you will not be paid for this work. 

I would highly recommend that you read up on the resources I have shared on my previous reply to help you familiarize yourself with freelancing on Upwork, and how you can be payment protected while working on your Upwork contracts. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mikan425
Community Member

That’s very unfortunate for your company. This is still early in the process and perhaps **Edited for Community Guidelines**is a bit busy but let me outline my position.

Work was agreed to on your platform. There is an implied contract supported by the communication chain. As you know both verbal and written statements of agreement do constitute a contract wether or not I’ve followed the fine print of your site. Work was solicited, price agreed too and work was completed. Your company has acted as a middleman. This make your company complicit in the theft. My next step will be to file a claim against this company as well as **Edited for Community Guidelines**. This claim will be filed in Illinois which mean her theft of service is across state lines. That opens up other agencies that can be contacted.
Durring this process I’ll be filling for discovery and requiring data on how many users have performed work on this platform and have not been paid. Don’t think for a second that I wont follow through. I’ve worked as a freelancer for years and have had to pursue dead beats for payment before. I’ve got the time and experience.
Now the question is, do you want to help me rectify the situation by contacting **Edited for Community Guidelines**or do we go the less pleasant route?

In the event that you choose the later,
I’ll also be needing **Edited for Community Guidelines**legal mailing address for court documents and process serving.

If you aren’t the correct person to help with the above please put me in contact with the correct party so we can resolve this in a timely manner.

Thank you for your time.

Hiromi

Hi Hiromi,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

I would also like to clarify that In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Please refer to the guides Avery shared in her post to learn more about how you can protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you and I understand your companies position. Unfortunately, that has no baring on the laws within the United States. A possible theft is occurring via your platform which you operated as a middleman. You have been notified of this possible illegal activity.
If I’m not compensated for work done via your platform there will be consequences regardless of your policies. The laws in this country are very clear.If I have to resort to legal means it will not be simply for the compensation owed  and covered under your “Payment Protection” Policy.
I’ll make it worth my time.
Perhaps you could reach out to **Edited for community guidelines**  and have her honor our agreement and we can all go about our day.

Hi Hiromi,

One of our agents reached out to you directly to further clarify the role of Upwork platform, how contracts are managed and payments are processed. It also looks like you have a pending offer that you'd need to accept in order for the client to pay you. If the offer isn't accepted, the client won't be able to release the payment to you. Please, refer to this ticket for more information and reply to it directly if you have further questions or need further assistance with contacting the client. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths