cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I know if my client approve my work?

Highlighted
Hiromi S Member Since: Nov 7, 2019
11 of 14

That’s very unfortunate for your company. This is still early in the process and perhaps **Edited for Community Guidelines**is a bit busy but let me outline my position.

Work was agreed to on your platform. There is an implied contract supported by the communication chain. As you know both verbal and written statements of agreement do constitute a contract wether or not I’ve followed the fine print of your site. Work was solicited, price agreed too and work was completed. Your company has acted as a middleman. This make your company complicit in the theft. My next step will be to file a claim against this company as well as **Edited for Community Guidelines**. This claim will be filed in Illinois which mean her theft of service is across state lines. That opens up other agencies that can be contacted.
Durring this process I’ll be filling for discovery and requiring data on how many users have performed work on this platform and have not been paid. Don’t think for a second that I wont follow through. I’ve worked as a freelancer for years and have had to pursue dead beats for payment before. I’ve got the time and experience.
Now the question is, do you want to help me rectify the situation by contacting **Edited for Community Guidelines**or do we go the less pleasant route?

In the event that you choose the later,
I’ll also be needing **Edited for Community Guidelines**legal mailing address for court documents and process serving.

If you aren’t the correct person to help with the above please put me in contact with the correct party so we can resolve this in a timely manner.

Thank you for your time.

Hiromi

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 14

Hi Hiromi,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

I would also like to clarify that In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Please refer to the guides Avery shared in her post to learn more about how you can protect yourself. Thank you.

Untitled
Hiromi S Member Since: Nov 7, 2019
13 of 14

Thank you and I understand your companies position. Unfortunately, that has no baring on the laws within the United States. A possible theft is occurring via your platform which you operated as a middleman. You have been notified of this possible illegal activity.
If I’m not compensated for work done via your platform there will be consequences regardless of your policies. The laws in this country are very clear.If I have to resort to legal means it will not be simply for the compensation owed  and covered under your “Payment Protection” Policy.
I’ll make it worth my time.
Perhaps you could reach out to **Edited for community guidelines**  and have her honor our agreement and we can all go about our day.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 14

Hi Hiromi,

One of our agents reached out to you directly to further clarify the role of Upwork platform, how contracts are managed and payments are processed. It also looks like you have a pending offer that you'd need to accept in order for the client to pay you. If the offer isn't accepted, the client won't be able to release the payment to you. Please, refer to this ticket for more information and reply to it directly if you have further questions or need further assistance with contacting the client. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS